By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
motivation_04.jpg

(filling in for @Operational needs )

upschuck

What's crazy is you see that work but that's probably a minority of the work. The pics don't show the full plumbing and hvac replacement or the electrical work done.

They don't show the floor (joists and all) being replaced and lifted 1.5-5 inches.
Should have just built a new house.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good morning. @oldngray must have hit snooze today. @Operational needs hows your mom?
Morning, Trip. She’s doing better. Thanks for asking. They found out she had the bacteria e-coli in her system and they’re treating her with strong antibiotics. She’s really confused still and is doing a lot of random talking. I hate to leave her today. She keeps saying she’s going to die soon. :(

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Morning, Trip. She’s doing better. Thanks for asking. They found out she had the bacteria e-coli in her system and they’re treating her with strong antibiotics. She’s really confused still and is doing a lot of random talking. I hate to leave her today. She keeps saying she’s going to die soon. :(
How old is you Mom?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Looks great man.
Thanks. The contractor brought his dad by to check it out this weekend. His dad was a contractor for years but has a brain tumor now and doesn't get along great.

Anyway, his dad was telling him he did a great job. He said yeah these guys really did changed everything. I said no you did all work. We just paid for it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Should have just built a new house.
Could have but we've enjoyed this.

Plus it may be the oldest house in town still standing. It was one more worthless owner away from just rotting away to nothing. No inspections or anything here just buy it and start tearing into it or do nothing.

The goal all along has been to save and update this old house but to do it right.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Plus it may be the oldest house in town still standing. It was one more worthless owner away from just rotting away to nothing. No inspections or anything here just buy it and start tearing into it or do nothing.

The goal all along has been to save and update this old house but to do it right.
I would hate to be your realtor......sounds like you're emotionally invested and won't be sensible about pricing.

oldngray

nowhere special

My brother-in-law bought the 2nd oldest house in a very small town. It is about 150 years old. He did a ton of work on it but planned to continue to live there. He used to work for the electric company so is certified to do a lot of the work himself, and knows people who can do the rest. He is also the mayor (probably because nobody else wanted the job).