By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
2621BD0F-F2F1-4A4E-A543-61E2253902EF.jpeg

@Big Arrow Down...D remember that one fly that was taunting you? Look on the railing. There were just as many on the other side, and in the cement window ledges. Maybe getting warmed up from the sun. I think they’ve all hatched(?) in the last week. Some bushes I’ve walked past and it was like a swarm of flies. Disgusting.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
View attachment 189441

@Big Arrow Down...D remember that one fly that was taunting you? Look on the railing. There were just as many on the other side, and in the cement window ledges. Maybe getting warmed up from the sun. I think they’ve all hatched(?) in the last week. Some bushes I’ve walked past and it was like a swarm of flies. Disgusting.
They must use the air hand dryer before using the railing?

oldngray

nowhere special
View attachment 189441

Bugs aren't bad here yet but I expect to start seeing them in the next few days. Especially those annoying Asian stink bugs. Definitely a lot of birds around making a ton of noise too.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was at a house earlier with a cherry tree in front. All kinds of bees swarming around it.

I used to have a couple of cherry trees but had to cut them down a couple of years ago. You could really smell them when they were blooming. With the cold weather hanging around I don't have anything flowering yet. Except for a couple of dandelions.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Nope. I like to hear them but they can get pretty bad around my back porch.

I saw a pair of cardinals a couple of days ago which I hardly ever see.

We actually have two pairs of cardinals hanging out in our yard and the neighbor's yard every year.

What do you do to chase them off?

oldngray

nowhere special
We actually have two pairs of cardinals hanging out in our yard and the neighbor's yard every year.
I see a lot of other birds but those are rare. There is an owl somewhere nearby I haven't seen but hear a lot. I have seen several hawks too. There used to be a ton of squirrels but those predators have been thinning them out. I usually see rabbits too but haven't seen any recently.