By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_2820_25.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Aww. I just delivered a package to an older man who asked me right away who the pkg was from. He was worried it was from hospice. Come to find out his wife of 53 years died this morning. :( Then he proceeded to talk my ear off for 15 minutes.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Nice! My daughter told me that her HS is going to start a new program training kids in trades. I guess schools are finally realizing (again) that those things are important and everyone isn’t meant for college.
Good to see they're finally realizing that then. Me personally, I could go either way (college or technical) depending on the field, but given today's economic and social climate, the decision's really a no-brainer.

I didn't finish my bachelor's in architecture because it was too expensive but what I'm doing here will bring me astronomically higher return in every way possible anyway. What I like about this field in particular is that there's so much more to it than other trades. The work isn't physically hard, but requires good technique and lots of critical thinking and abstract thought, though without delving into pure engineering, just enough engineering to keep me on my toes without getting into boring stuff.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Nice! My daughter told me that her HS is going to start a new program training kids in trades. I guess schools are finally realizing (again) that those things are important and everyone isn’t meant for college.
It’s about time!
Unless you are going to work for a Corporation, few people need a degree.
Half the people who have degrees are dumb as a rock. Their next step is to get a Masters.
They are cute when no one listens to them after they got their Masters.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It’s about time!
Unless you are going to work for a Corporation, few people need a degree.
Half the people who have degrees are dumb as a rock. Their next step is to get a Masters.
They are cute when no one listens to them after they got their Masters.
Lol. I agree. College makes them better educated, not smarter. Some people are very mechanically inclined and would do much better in the technical field than they would in academics. Plus, we need those people to fix things and build things.