By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
20180711_172350.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
890E857F-4981-4694-A768-6986352631E1.jpeg

@MyTripisCut didn’t you say you did paving work for a while? This isn’t normal for pavers to tear up the apron to someone’s driveway then claim it isn’t their responsibility to fix it after paving the road, is it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They suck. I have to top mine every year. They grow so fast and are so weak. They do look nice though.
I wouldn't have one for anything. They look ok but they split at the first sign of a stiff wind after 10-15 years.

My trees will be planted with 100 years down the road in mind. Things like white oaks.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I wouldn't have one for anything. They look ok but they split at the first sign of a stiff wind after 10-15 years.

My trees will be planted with 100 years down the road in mind. Things like white oaks.
I just planted three Leland Cypress in my backyard. My neighbor has a whole hedgerow of them. His grew 15 feet at least in five years. No problems yet.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That looks like a new driveway and they milled too far into the street.
The people who put the last layer on the road did that. There are about 50 one million dollar houses in the neighborhood with driveways all looking like that. Some of them, like that one are brand new. The pavers even left the entrance to the neighborhood in worse shape than the driveways. Lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just planted three Leland Cypress in my backyard. My neighbor has a whole hedgerow of them. His grew 15 feet at least in five years. No problems yet.
I saw a neighbor with a corner lot plant rows of them on 2 sides of his house. 2 or 3 (of about 30 trees) died the first year or so but once they got established he has had little trouble with them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I saw a neighbor with a corner lot plant rows of them on 2 sides of his house. 2 or 3 (of about 30 trees) died the first year or so but once they got established he has had little trouble with them.
They have a reputation for being weak in snow and wind. We had three nor’easters here in March and his did fine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

These were here when I bought the house. A lot of developments were planted with them.