By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A shelf cloud usually appears on the leading edge of a storm, and a wall cloud will usually be at the rear of the storm.
Ppl always called them wall clouds around here. Probably because they look like a wall of the storm.

But wall clouds actually lower out of the storm and are usually where tornadoes form.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not quite that bad. I did see plenty of amazing storms there though.

My BIL used to manage an estate on the water in Palm Beach. He had his own house on the estate. We used to visit him in the summer, and I enjoyed sitting on the seawall watching storms out at sea.

Once, I saw two waterspouts under the same squall line.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

My BIL used to manage an estate in the water in Palm Beach. He had his own house on the estate. We used to visit him in the summer, and I enjoyed sitting on the seawall watching storms out at sea.

In the water....bet that was an interesting place

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My BIL used to manage an estate in the water in Palm Beach. He had his own house on the estate. We used to visit him in the summer, and I enjoyed sitting on the seawall watching storms out at sea.

I used to like standing on my carport watching the lighting. Or while driving, watching storms in multiple locations off in the distance. Very cool.

Brownslave688

Storms out west can be fierce. I saw some bad ones in Texas and New Mexico.
I wish we had a better view of the storms from the southwest but lots of trees and hills on that side of the property.

Those storms can sneak up on you on my property. Usually hear them before you see them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
mQJ6AA.gif