By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh that's different.

Yeah I still had all sorts of chores during the summer. I hated going to summer school. Once slept through a English class everyday. Teacher came up to me all concerned telling me I was failing.

I told her. "I already got a B in English. I'm only here because my Dad is making me."

She said "Oh ok, go back to sleep."
Wtf did your dad make you go to summer school for?

I was always outside doing stuff all summer from 11am to 6-7pm from 5 years old to 18

Brownslave688

I think a parent who grew up poor a lot of times goes overboard without even realizing it, when they have kids. You want to give them things and experiences you didn’t have. I know I did with my oldest. Thankfully, I realized that before she got too old and ruined. Lol. It was a lot easier with my second to keep it in check.
I have said this a number of times.

Everyone wants an easier path for their kids than they had but maybe we’ve reached a point where an easier path developed spoiled brats instead of functional adults

old levi's

blank space
I have said this a number of times.

Everyone wants an easier path for their kids than they had but maybe we’ve reached a point where an easier path developed spoiled brats instead of functional adults

I wanted an adult that was able to function independently; that's what I got.
And this dad is proud of him.

542thruNthru

Wtf did your dad make you go to summer school for?

I was always outside doing stuff all summer from 11am to 6-7pm from 5 years old to 18

Multiple reasons. 1. Summer school was 6 weeks long and 7:10am- 12:10pm so he felt it didn't interfere with anything. 2. Summer school was free. 3. Yeah I got in a lot of trouble when I was younger and he thought this would keep me out of it.

542thruNthru

Damn--even your parents hated you?

Lol yep. Honestly if it wasn't for the city trying to cut the budget by saying you can't go to summer school unless you need it. I'd probably have had to do it till I graduated.

Some pretty good arguments went down every summer. Most usually ended with my ass red from a belt and still going to summer school.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Multiple reasons. 1. Summer school was 6 weeks long and 7:10am- 12:10pm so he felt it didn't interfere with anything. 2. Summer school was free. 3. Yeah I got in a lot of trouble when I was younger and he thought this would keep me out of it.
From 12 on it interfered with lots of sleep.

And girlfriends coming over for morning delight

Brownslave688

Lol yep. Honestly if it wasn't for the city trying to cut the budget by saying you can't go to summer school unless you need it. I'd probably have had to do it till I graduated.

Some pretty go arguments went down every summer. Most usually ended with my ass red from a belt and still going to summer school.
Every teenager hates their parents but man I would have despised mine

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The Harder the Struggle, the more reason to give up early!

giveup.jpg