By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Parent's aren't slaves. Kids as part of the family need to contribute in age appropriate ways. We help not for money but because it's what we all do.

Giving a child money to teach them about handling it is another matter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Parent's aren't slaves. Kids as part of the family need to contribute in age appropriate ways. We help not for money but because it's what we all do.

Giving a child money to teach them about handling it is another matter.
Yeah the biggest argument seems to be weather or not the allowance should be tied to chores.

Some say no they should learn that contributing to the family is done for free.

Some say yes they should learn work is done to earn money.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah the biggest argument seems to be weather or not the allowance should be tied to chores.

Absolutely should be tied to chores. Doesn't need to be a lot. But enough to make them feel like they are earning it instead of getting an allowance because its owed to them.

Brownslave688

Absolutely should be tied to chores. Doesn't need to be a lot. But enough to make them feel like they are earning it instead of getting an allowance because its owed to them.
I think it should be chores that go above and beyond.

Like normal chores of make the bed,take out the trash, do the dishes you do when they need done for free. Then add extra chores each week that they can do for allowance money. Like rake the leaves, fold laundry, clean the toilet.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Then everything turns into wage negotiations.

My old man would have laughed if we asked for money. Lol

Brownslave688

Then everything turns into wage negotiations.

My old man would have laughed if we asked for money. Lol
Wage negotians are another great skill to learn young.

There’s a reason many people 30-50 suck with money. Their parents wouldn’t ever talk about it. It was some big secret.

oldngray

nowhere special
Wage negotians are another great skill to learn young.

There’s a reason many people 30-50 suck with money. Their parents wouldn’t ever talk about it. It was some big secret.
Lets-Make-a-Deal.jpg