By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
@MyTripisCut
5D8B2EC2-D5E1-41FD-9BD8-2B6851207F60.jpeg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I don’t think harper can handle it. They’re gonna destroy him when he has a big slump
Talking about this on the radio today. How long of a leash does he have? Mostly people thought he can have a bad series to start, but nothing more than the first three games, and he better be wowing. Teams are outfield shifting him, he’s gonna hit at four outfielders more often than not, and that seems to be rattling him as well.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Talking about this on the radio today. How long of a leash does he have? Mostly people thought he can have a bad series to start, but nothing more than the first three games, and he better be wowing. Teams are outfield shifting him, he’s gonna hit at four outfielders more often than not, and that seems to be rattling him as well.
For 300 million you better figure out how to hit it where they ain’t lol

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Actually its management who should be more concerned about losing their jobs than hourly. If anyone can be replaced by a robot it would be deck jockeys. You better keep your eye on the newspaper route options.
Expert systems are still in their infancy after 20 years of development.
Driver-less vehicles will be available before an Expert System will be able to out-think an experienced human in scenarios with many nebulous possibilities.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our local paper is still advertising for carriers all the time. I bet where you are they are too. Yes I know newspapers are a dying thing but until all the boomers and the Gen X people die out they will still be around.

2019--most every town STILL has a newspaper
Yeah except the distance between stops is far greater than when you were a kid or even when @Brownslave688 and @MyTripisCut were kids. I use to see the guy come down my street when I had to be in early, 20 houses on my street and the guy would hit 3.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the UPS driver had a denser area than the paper guy

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Actually its management who should be more concerned about losing their jobs than hourly. If anyone can be replaced by a robot it would be deck jockeys. You better keep your eye on the newspaper route options.
Yeah I’ll keep that in mind when the operation is burning to the ground because some numb nuts can’t figure out how to pull out a stop button.

They are literally doubling the IE headcount and with the new buildings going up right now and the staffing on the hourly side isn’t increasing even with the doubling of sort capacities. I’m too early to really ride the wave of specialized automation, but I can promise you the management staffing ain’t changing a whole lot until we perfect it. And it’s UPS so that’ll never happen.