By Invitation Only

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's like having a dog. Train it from the very start in the ways you want it to behave. They know no different and act that way. And like a dog, it takes patience and repetition. Parents also have to walk the walk and behave the same exact way. Kids see right through bull.

If all that doesn’t work

Time to break out the shock collar

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's like having a dog. Train it from the very start in the ways you want it to behave. They know no different and act that way. And like a dog, it takes patience and repetition. Parents also have to walk the walk and behave the same exact way. Kids see right through bull.
The best is the parents who use idle threats. “Jimmy I asked you 2 times to stop hitting your sister...if you do it again...I’m sending you to your room for a time out.” Jimmy hits his sister once again and parent doesn’t follow thru on the threat. Do that enough times and your kids will just tune out your threats because you never follow through with it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The best is the parents who use idle threats. “Jimmy I asked you 2 times to stop hitting your sister...if you do it again...I’m sending you to your room for a time out.” Jimmy hits his sister once again and parent doesn’t follow thru on the threat. Do that enough times and your kids will just tune out your threats because you never follow through with it.

This is where the Hot Wheels track came
Into play

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If all that doesn’t work

Time to break out the shock collar
My old man would look at us and say "one", then "two", three was a good wack. We learned to cool it after two, lol.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are to the point I don’t even need to threaten most of the time. She does something wrong (knows it’s wrong) looks at me. I look at her. She covers her butt with her hands and says no daddy no pow pow. Me sorry. Lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We are to the point I don’t even need to threaten most of the time. She does something wrong (knows it’s wrong) looks at me. I look at her. She covers her butt with her hands and says no daddy no pow pow. Me sorry. Lol
Yup when I was little that’s how it was. My dad could just give us a look and we’e straighten up and behave.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
But she will still be 3 in a few weeks. So some mornings I swear she wakes up and says how can I be a pain today.

I can take the testing boundaries and wills. I hate the whining
Oh yea but she’s still learning.....Just wait till she starts trying to play mom against dad lol. Have you tried “not hearing her” when she whines? I’m sorry but Daddy can’t hear you unless you ask me using your big girl voice.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh yea but she’s still learning.....Just wait till she starts trying to play mom against dad lol. Have you tried “not hearing her” when she whines? I’m sorry but Daddy can’t hear you unless you ask me using your big girl voice.
I haven’t said that but the wife or I neither will talk to her while she’s whining.

Usually something like settle down and talk right and we can talk but I’m not talking to you til you quit whining

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I haven’t said that but the wife or I neither will talk to her while she’s whining.

Usually something like settle down and talk right and we can talk but I’m not talking to you til you quit whining
I found what else works well in addition to that is when she stops whining and talks, to make a big deal out of it by saying something like, Wow! I can hear you SO well when you use your words.
I learned with my second that positive reinforcement when they do things correctly, works way better than discipline.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Had a customer ask to use my tape gun because he said "using scotch tape would be a bad idea"
Here is his package
20190723_113846.jpg

What a :censored2:ing idiot