By Invitation Only

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I think I had 3 flats/blowouts in my 8 years in PC. Unfortunately, they all happened within about a 10 day period. The automotive supervisor saw me right after that and accused me of sabotaging my package car to make overtime money. I told him he'd better have proof before he made an accusation like that. I complained to the automotive manager, and I didn't see the supervisor after that. About 6 months later, I was delivering to a burger king, and he was the manager. If looks could kill. It probably wasn't just my issue, he was a sorry supervisor all around anyways.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had "shifting tractors" in our smaller yards. Back in the day, feeder drivers did all the shifts, but sometimes, moves had to be made and there wasn't a driver scheduled to be there for hours. They would usually tow one of these junk tractors to the building and train a PT employee how to shift. I think all the buildings have yard mules now, even the smaller yards.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Gave him your wife’s number @scooby0048

C482367A-C233-4AD5-A61A-E95B95E7454B.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
We never had this beast called an "automotive truck". That must be a big city thing.
It was easier for the mechanic to have his own truck stocked with tools (and hopefully a few parts) than have him scramble to find something left on the lot.

Although they started cutting back on mechanic hours so during parts of the day there wouldn't even be a mechanic around if you needed a road call. It was wait for a tow truck when that happened.

542thruNthru

We never had this beast called an "automotive truck". That must be a big city thing.

It's more a parts truck that runs between buildings and also meeting drivers with serious problems that they can fix on the road and not have to tow.

So yeah nothing some :censored2: kicking po dunk town would need.