By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 23 years
It was easier for the mechanic to have his own truck stocked with tools (and hopefully a few parts) than have him scramble to find something left on the lot.

Although they started cutting back on mechanic hours so during parts of the day there wouldn't even be a mechanic around if you needed a road call. It was wait for a tow truck when that happened.

Our mechanic didn't start work until 5 at night. If you broke down before that it was usually up to you (because nobody was at the building after about 10:00 a.m.) to make arrangements to have a wrecker haul you out another truck.In the early days the towing company had keys for a couple of junkers they kept out back for emergencies. A breakdown was usually good for a couple hours delay and it usually happened on Friday.

rod

Retired 23 years
It's more a parts truck that runs between buildings and also meeting drivers with serious problems that they can fix on the road and not have to tow.

So yeah nothing some :censored2: kicking po dunk town would need.
I can see where they needed to keep you city boys happy because you cry so easily.

oldngray

nowhere special
I hope not, I’m putting a ladder up as we speak....
7c2.gif