By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 23 years
until a few years ago I put a nice crisp $20 in an envelope with some words of encouragement

upon my wife’s request that has been changed to a $50

And she has the nerve to call me cheap
Ha ha. That sounds like me. That's until the wife (Mrs. Moneybags) took over how much we stuffed in an envelope. I don't even ask anymore because I know I would be pissed. Most of the weddings anymore are for grandkids of people I don't even like.

rod

Retired 23 years
The only wedding I ever went to that didn't have an open bar (at least for an hour or two) was for a kid who's dad owned a big bar and the reception was at that bar. Talk about a cheapskate. We didn't stay long.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The only wedding I ever went to that didn't have an open bar (at least for an hour or two) was for a kid who's dad owned a big bar and the reception was at that bar. Talk about a cheapskate. We didn't stay long.
The Dad was charging at his own place? WTH?

542thruNthru

Dang, With my girls we paid per guest, everything included. I would say the average cost is 125-200 a head.

I never understood the parents paying for the wedding. Told my wife's dad that we'll handle it. He was surprised when he asked me why and I said "well you ain't marrying her!"

rod

Retired 23 years
The Dad was charging at his own place? WTH?
Yep---there were a lot of pissed off people (on the brides side). Apparently the kid had told his friends and family about it and the wife didn't know. They have long since been divorced.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I never understood the parents paying for the wedding. Told my wife's dad that we'll handle it. He was surprised when he asked me why and I said "well you ain't marrying her!"
I would have told you thanks but no thanks. Save that money for a home with a basement.