By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
McDonalds.png

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You are indirectly paying a portion of your landlord's property taxes.
My rent is still much less than most people's mortgages (before they pay their property tax). Besides the utilities I elect, there's only one payment I'm responsible for associated with living here.

oldngray

nowhere special
My rent is still much less than most people's mortgages (before they pay their property tax). Besides the utilities I elect, there's only one payment I'm responsible for associated with living here.
The big thing is you aren't building any equity, and your rent will continue to increase with you having nothing to show for it.

It feels great to live in a house thats paid for.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The big thing is you aren't building any equity, and your rent will continue to increase with you having nothing to show for it.

It's also great to pay for a car with a low to zero interest home equity line, then pay it back at a much cheaper monthly payment.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Don't really care about that sort of thing. For me the trade-off is more than worth being responsible for absolutely nothing with this place. I'm not exactly into flipping houses and landscaping and plowing driveways. Just need a place to sleep and store my shxt until it's time to move on to something new again.