California Dreamin'

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Sure beats the .50 Cents a yard I got for mowing when I was 12.
Lets say you’re 68.

Just to make this an example.

That means you’d have been mowing those lawns 56 years ago.

So you are saying you mowed a lawn for the equivalent of $4.6 in todays money?

And considering that gas was $.34 a gallon then, I’m not entirely sure I believe you.

A quarter gallon tank of gas would have cut into your profits by 16%, and left you earning $3.84 per yard.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
California's $20-an-hour fast food minimum wage has its first casualty.

Mexican chain Rubio's Coastal Grill is shuttering 48 restaurants in the state - because of the 'rising cost of doing business in California'.

PT Car Washer

Lets say you’re 68.

Just to make this an example.

That means you’d have been mowing those lawns 56 years ago.

So you are saying you mowed a lawn for the equivalent of $4.6 in todays money?

And considering that gas was $.34 a gallon then, I’m not entirely sure I believe you.

A quarter gallon tank of gas would have cut into your profits by 16%, and left you earning $3.84 per yard.
What's wrong with mowing a lawn for $4.60 in todays money? As far as the gas goes, it does not take a qt. of gas to mow a yard and I think my parents provided the gas and mower and transport. Some had their own mower and gas and I would use theirs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New findings published by WalletHub, a personal finance platform, show that several California cities are leading the nation in an uptick in credit card delinquencies.

Chula Vista – a San Diego suburb with a population of about 279,000 – saw the biggest increase in credit card delinquencies, which surged nearly 85% during the first quarter of 2024 compared to a year earlier. The city edged out Madison, Wisconsin, and Garland, Texas, for the No. 1 spot.

The median age of a Chula Vista resident is 36, and the typical household income is about $102,000 a year, according to Data USA.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sacramento City Attorney Susana Alcala Wood's office said the retail store located at 2505 Riverside Blvd. in Land Park will be fined and slapped with a public nuisance charge if it continues to call police when there is a theft at the store.