California is a sorry excuse for a state

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
[QUOTE="59 Dano, post: 3257396, member: 23516"
That out of the way, what you short bussers don't take into account is that employers will simply raise their standards. If I pay new hires $20,000/year and it is mandated that I pay them $25,000/year, I'll stop hiring people whose labor is worth $20k and start hiring people whose labor is worth $25k. You can dictate how much must be paid but you can't dictate who'll get hired.
Lost your argument when you used an insult instead of a valid argument.
Thanks for playing.[/QUOTE]

It was there. You quoted it. Keep ignoring it, I understand.

I see that you went back and edited my argument out of your original quote. I'm sure that was an accident ;)

Last edited:

floridays

In short, some employees are worth more than others. If you want to get technical, you plug your variables into a regression analysis and go from there.
I understand, Makaveli just wants to pick an arbitrary number. Other than legalized theft from business owners, I want him to tell me what magically makes a 20k worker worth 25k.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There sure is a lot of hate for fast food workers, especially when you consider this country's addiction to fast food.
People are selfish and narcissistic.
They want to pay $1 for a burger, and they don't care if other Americans have to live in poverty so they can get it. It's disgusting.

vantexan

If you have to compare the the United states to a third world country to support your viewpoint against a living wage, you've already lost the argument. Some people want better for their country and its citizens.
You think they don't want better? The problem with too many people is they think they're owed a great living. They see a man with a big house, beautiful wife, nice vehicles, lots of expensive toys and are envious. Think it's unfair that they don't have the same. Earn it, then enjoy it. I think a company is only obligated to be fair, not provide you with a $100k+ lifestyle. If you want better, move up within the organization. Start your own business. Develop skills. If you're content with less ok. If you aren't content do something about it that doesn't involve rioting in the streets. Earn it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think a company is only obligated to be fair, not provide you with a $100k+ lifestyle.
You always try to move the goalposts because you don't have anything relevant to say.

No one is talking about 100K a year lifestyle. And the companies aren't being fair, that's the entire point.