California is a sorry excuse for a state

rickyb

Banned
You think they don't want better? The problem with too many people is they think they're owed a great living. They see a man with a big house, beautiful wife, nice vehicles, lots of expensive toys and are envious. Think it's unfair that they don't have the same. Earn it, then enjoy it. I think a company is only obligated to be fair, not provide you with a $100k+ lifestyle. If you want better, move up within the organization. Start your own business. Develop skills. If you're content with less ok. If you aren't content do something about it that doesn't involve rioting in the streets. Earn it.
why would you be against street protests. thats exactly one of the things you should do if your unhappy.

btw the US economy is not based on fairness. its rigged, regardless of whether you have skills or not.

the problem is too many people have low expectations.

rickyb

Banned
"it is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages." -Henry Ford
no no. the employer pays the workers and its also the employer who decides whether or not to also raise prices to the consumers.

its not cause and effect. the employer can eat the cost of higher wages, or he can pass it on to the consumers.

vantexan

I just broke the $72K barrier on my last paycheck. I live quite comfortably and am well positioned for a secure retirement.

I would live just as well had I just broken $52K.
All I ever wanted from FedEx was enough to have some choices. I would have been happy with $45k on 40hrs a week and would've volunteered for OT to go over $50k. And I understand if those living in expensive areas needed more to support their families. I never expected UPS pay but would've very much liked top pay and would've been happy if they gave it to me in 10 years. Those who want more than that should pursue management. The UPS guys who aren't content with $70k+ I don't quite understand. Especially comparing our benefits.

floridays

And you might as well tell me they are only worth $10k. See how that works?
You're correct, you've shown me you either can't or won't answer the question. You don't want to tell me that they aren't worth 40k, you'd anticipate my next question correctly. The next question would be, Why aren't they worth 40k. You'd end up answering your own question. To answer your 10k red herring, some aren't even worth that.

rickyb

Banned
You're correct, you've shown me you either can't or won't answer the question. You don't want to tell me that they aren't worth 40k, you'd anticipate my next question correctly. The next question would be, Why aren't they worth 40k. You'd end up answering your own question. To answer your 10k red herring, some aren't even worth that.
so how much is the company profiting off them every hour?

min wage in australia is $17.70 au /hr which is 13.50 usd.

vantexan

why would you be against street protests. thats exactly one of the things you should do if your unhappy.

btw the US economy is not based on fairness. its rigged, regardless of whether you have skills or not.

the problem is too many people have low expectations.
People get paid better for skills there is a demand for. And I've seen the Antifa protests. No thanks. I don't want wage slaves either but you guys need to get over this idea that everyone will be equal and we can all live very comfortable lives. Can people be paid better? Depends on the company but companies like FedEx could do better. And now FedEx is doing better because they had to.

rickyb

Banned
People get paid better for skills there is a demand for. And I've seen the Antifa protests. No thanks. I don't want wage slaves either but you guys need to get over this idea that everyone will be equal and we can all live very comfortable lives. Can people be paid better? Depends on the company but companies like FedEx could do better. And now FedEx is doing better because they had to.
see there you go again with your low expectations. we actually can all live very comfortable lives. we have a failed system which is holding us back with mediocre technology. its 2017 and we should be off big oil by now for example.

america currently produces more than $200,000 for every family of four, but its so inefficently distributed that you have a few people at the top with way more than they need, and half the country near or in poverty. more and more people becoming poor every day.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
then we can get an idea how much they are truly worth.

how do you know your not getting ripped off. say i pay you $1/hr and profit $99/hr for your work; thats a bad deal.
If that were accurate, you should go into business in competition, and see how much the risk you are taking with your money, is worth.

floridays

see there you go again with your low expectations. we actually can all live very comfortable lives. we have a failed system which is holding us back with mediocre technology. its 2017 and we should be off big oil by now for example.

america currently produces more than $200,000 for every family of four, but its so inefficently distributed that you have a few people at the top with way more than they need, and half the country near or in poverty. more and more people becoming poor every day.
And whose job is it to distribute it more "efficiently"?

vantexan

The sole purpose of employing ANYONE is to make MORE MONEY for the business OWNER. Anything else is charity.
But the system we have requires the owner to employ us in order for him to make money. In exchange for making him money we should be paid fairly and he should settle for reasonable wealth. Not strive to be one of the richest in the world while pushing us to accept subsistence pay. It's about balance, and unfortunately the only way FedEx will seek balance is if the employees unionize. But then many union employees demonstrate why companies went offshore because unions too often weren't interested in balance either.