Christianity

Integrity

Binge Poster
I gave you verses that support my position. How come you can't? You seem to believe you're going to shut me down but all you really prove is you aren't Bible based. You aren't a Christian. You're making it up as you go rather than submitting to God's will. A baby isn't born in sin. The original sin doctrine just seeks to justify why people sin. According to that doctrine people just can't help themselves. The problem with that is we are free moral agents. We choose whether we will sin or not. If we can't control ourselves then it means God is unjust. And that Jesus needlessly died on the cross. I can see where that would appeal to you. You won't be held accountable for your sin because you can't help it. So do whatever you like. Nothing matters except living as you please because what you want is paramount. Don't kid yourself. You can and will lose your soul to a devil's hell if you refuse to submit to God's will.
🥱

Integrity

Binge Poster
We gotta baptize these babies(if you want to call it that) by sprinkling or pouring (wrong scripturally) but whatever you like, to make sure they are saved.
But, when you're an accountable person, baptism isn't necessary for salvation. Just really, really believe, and accept Jesus in your heart.
Funny in a sad way.
🥱

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Ask God.

You don’t have to bother getting back to me with what He says, I’m good.
Don't need to. He's already revealed in His word that we do not "inherit" sin from Adam.
One sentence destroyed your false teaching and you don't have enough desire for truth to ask more.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Don't need to. He's already revealed in His word that we do not "inherit" sin from Adam.
One sentence destroyed your false teaching and you don't have enough desire for truth to ask more.
Yep. Doctrine supported by scripture that you don’t agree with is false teaching.

Typical.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Yep. Doctrine supported by scripture that you don’t agree with is false teaching.

Typical.
You spout there is scripture to support your false teaching, but you show none.

Typical.

The very idea of transferral of sin, or righteousness, directly contradicts God’s Word. The clearest and most explicit passage is Ezekiel 18:14-20.. the person who ''hath executed mine ordinances, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live. As for his father, because he cruelly opposed, robbed his brother, and did that which is not good among his people, behold, he shall die in his iniquity. Yet ye say, Wherefore doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live. The soul that sinneth, it shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.''

Plenty of New Testament that plainly negates original sin, but you don't accept God’s Word anyway.
This passage forever shows the fallacy of hereditary sin.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Typical.

The very idea of transferral of sin, or righteousness, directly contradicts God’s Word. The clearest and most explicit passage is Ezekiel 18:14-20.. the person who ''hath executed mine ordinances, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live. As for his father, because he cruelly opposed, robbed his brother, and did that which is not good among his people, behold, he shall die in his iniquity. Yet ye say, Wherefore doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live. The soul that sinneth, it shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.''

Plenty of New Testament that plainly negates original sin, but you don't accept God’s Word anyway.
🥱

FromOffTheStreets

A baby isn't born in sin. The original sin doctrine just seeks to justify why people sin. According to that doctrine people just can't help themselves. The problem with that is we are free moral agents. We choose whether we will sin or not. If we can't control ourselves then it means God is unjust. And that Jesus needlessly died on the cross.
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all mankind, because all sinned...
18 So then, as through one offense the result was condemnation to all mankind, so also through one act of righteousness the result was justification of life to all mankind. 19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Jesus died on the cross because we are incapable of paying the debt owed to God. Our union with Christ cancels this debt & transforms our thoughts & actions to conform to his word.

I love my COC friends but you guys always tend to carry your own righteousness as your crown to heaven & use Jesus as a figurine.

vantexan

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all mankind, because all sinned...
18 So then, as through one offense the result was condemnation to all mankind, so also through one act of righteousness the result was justification of life to all mankind. 19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Jesus died on the cross because we are incapable of paying the debt owed to God. Our union with Christ cancels this debt & transforms our thoughts & actions to conform to his word.

I love my COC friends but you guys always tend to carry your own righteousness as your crown to heaven & use Jesus as a figurine.
And nowhere in that passage are we told to baptize infants. And if you notice it's through the obedience of Christ that we are made righteous. Does that mean all of mankind will go to heaven no matter whether they obey God or does it even matter if they don't believe or believe in other Gods? There is so much more to the New Testament than this and by study we can clearly see that it takes action on our part to save ourselves. The Apostle Paul also said that we should save ourselves from this untoward generation. Folks want to take the easy and ignore the effort required. It's not my righteousness that will save me. It's my obedience and God's judgement of my efforts to obey him.

El Correcto

god is dead
Babies are never accountable.
God is silent about a specific age. I'm guessing He is because of the variation.
A girl, boy, young lady, young man will come to that "age" at differing times.
Where is your scripture for that Tommy?
You know nothing about scripture and are gonna go to hell for lying.

Typical.

Ezekiel is Old Testament that was laying down Jewish law as well as scripture.
There is a big difference between original sin and your family being criminals or sinful.

“Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned”

vantexan

Where is your scripture for that Tommy?
You know nothing about scripture and are gonna go to hell for lying.

Ezekiel is Old Testament that was laying down Jewish law as well as scripture.
There is a big difference between original sin and your family being criminals or sinful.

“Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned”
Ezekiel is applicable because the one man referred to in Romans is Adam.

El Correcto

god is dead
Ezekiel is applicable because the one man referred to in Romans is Adam.
He is talking about why all men die, it’s because all men have sinned.

Same arguments for babies has been applied to indigenous non believers who have never heard of Jesus or Jews scripture before.

It’s the same principle and I don’t get why one group of unbelievers who never had the information available to them gets a pass compared to the other group.

You people constantly make stuff up, to give you the warm fuzzies about your fairytale and insert your own morality into it.