Christianity

FromOffTheStreets

I think he's going with this passage in John 10:25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

The problem for him is whatever voice he is listening to is leading him astray. "This voice" won't go against scripture but confirm it.

FromOffTheStreets

Sorry, nowhere once the Church was established do we have a record in the Bible of God speaking to anyone but the Apostles.
Cornelius & ananias were both spoken to in a vision by an angel from God.

However, Muhammad and Joseph Smith & I believe Buddha said they were as well.

Problem is, anyone can make up anything & say that God told them, it's what the modern "charismatic prophets" do. This is why you have to have a standard foundation, which is the Bible

vantexan

Problem is, anyone can make up anything & say that God told them, it's what the modern "charismatic prophets" do. This is why you have to have a standard foundation, which is the Bible
But God didn't speak directly to Cornelius or Ananias. Integrity has regular sessions with God according to him.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Integrity has decided his thoughts have become the words of God. Any strong intuition that he has becomes the commandment of God for him.... But, the mind of man is not the word of God Prov. 16:25; Isa. 55:8-9
Integrity has no way of determining when God speaks to someone else. If God communicates His will the way Integrity spouts, how can I know that it was God who truly spoke?.. Jim Jones asserted that God spoke to him.... Oral Roberts reported that God spoke to him giving him instructions to write to various people to tell them to send him so much money a month.
How do I know whether or not God actually spoke to these people? If he speaks to me in this fashion, maybe He also spoke to these charlatans. In the New Testament era, inspired men confirmed their message by bonafide miracles. These miracles authenticated the message. What authenticates Integrity's message?
Integrity has become a law to himself. Once he took the position that God speaks directly to him, in a leading from the Holy Spirit, his thoughts and opinions become the word of God, the law of God – to him.
His doctrine is religious subjectivism with no objective stand to determine right and wrong.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity has decided his thoughts have become the words of God. Any strong intuition that he has becomes the commandment of God for him.... But, the mind of man is not the word of God Prov. 16:25; Isa. 55:8-9
Integrity has no way of determining when God speaks to someone else. If God communicates His will the way Integrity spouts, how can I know that it was God who truly spoke?.. Jim Jones asserted that God spoke to him.... Oral Roberts reported that God spoke to him giving him instructions to write to various people to tell them to send him so much money a month.
How do I know whether or not God actually spoke to these people? If he speaks to me in this fashion, maybe He also spoke to these charlatans. In the New Testament era, inspired men confirmed their message by bonafide miracles. These miracles authenticated the message. What authenticates Integrity's message?
Integrity has become a law to himself. Once he took the position that God speaks directly to him, in a leading from the Holy Spirit, his thoughts and opinions become the word of God, the law of God – to him.
His doctrine is religious subjectivism with no objective stand to determine right and wrong.
God is my objective standard, Jesus perfect life and teaching is my objective standard, the Holy Spirit is my nearest and best friend. God is my nearest and best friend.

Your objective standard is your opinion as to the meaning of a religious book. You relegated and limit the living God to a book.You have made a book your God.

That is based in fear and not faith. I get it.

🙏 for your un belief.

The COC denomination is small compared to others who believe as I believe.

You know it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think he's going with this passage in John 10:25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

The problem for him is whatever voice he is listening to is leading him astray. "This voice" won't go against scripture but confirm it.
God is limited by religion ?

God is limited to the Bible?

He can’t speak against faulty beliefs if He wants to because of a book?

Integrity

Binge Poster

The Bible is hardly a standard foundation.

Have you seen the quantity of translations and versions available?-Hardly standard.

Have you seen the quantity of Christian doctrinal opinions, schools of thought, and resultant denominations? - Hardly standard.

The person of Christ is the standard.

Worship a book, that is your call.

I worship a living God.

He is my nearest and best friend.

vantexan

God is limited by religion ?

God is limited to the Bible?

He can’t speak against faulty beliefs if He wants to because of a book?
So in your opinion God isn't limited by the Bible, he affects your life directly. Why then does God allow war, famine, crime, sexual abuse, etc? What we're told in the Bible is we are free to choose whether to obey God or not and will be judged by him accordingly in the Day of Judgment. We're told that miracles would cease. We are to look to Jesus for salvation. We aren't limiting God, we're living within the parameters he set for us. If God was truly speaking to you, using you as his agent, then would seem to me you could perform miracles. But you can't. And if you come up with reasons why you can't aren't you limiting God?

Integrity

Binge Poster
When you make statements like that without backing it up you are essentially lying. Ask God how he feels about liars.
No. That is making statements and not backing it up, not lying.

I believe lying is missing the mark of God’s perfect human standard found in Christ alone.

I believe God so loves liars as He does the world. I believe God knows and cares how much lying causes humanity so much harm and He feels mercy and compassion towards humanity because of the impact of those who lie.

Does lying one time in a life make a person a liar?

Integrity

Binge Poster
So in your opinion God isn't limited by the Bible, he affects your life directly. Why then does God allow war, famine, crime, sexual abuse, etc? What we're told in the Bible is we are free to choose whether to obey God or not and will be judged by him accordingly in the Day of Judgment. We're told that miracles would cease. We are to look to Jesus for salvation. We aren't limiting God, we're living within the parameters he set for us. If God was truly speaking to you, using you as his agent, then would seem to me you could perform miracles. But you can't. And if you come up with reasons why you can't aren't you limiting God?
Not going to continue to “best this dead horse” with you. You stick with your COC doctrines.

I’m good off that.

Keep relating to the world and humanity exclusively through your interpretation and opinion of the meaning of scripture using the version of the Bible that you use to establish your interpretation and opinion and meaning of what God says to you. Then tell everyone with a different interpretation and opinion as to meaning of scripture that they are wrong and you are right and that you and the COC are the right ones, thebtrue church and that all others are wrong and false teachers. Have at it.

The comments you replied to were directed at a reply from @FromOffTheStreets.

vantexan

No. That is making statements and not backing it up, not lying.

I believe lying is missing the mark of God’s perfect human standard found in Christ alone.

I believe God so loves liars as He does the world. I believe God knows and cares how much lying causes humanity so much harm and He feels mercy and compassion towards humanity because of the impact of those who lie.

Are you saying you've only lied one time in your life? Because lately you have made some statements without backing them up. You said I was inaccurate but refuse to say how. I either am or I'm not. If I'm not.then I would be lying. But since I stated what's a commonly known fact about how many who claim Christianity there are in the world then I would like to know why you feel that's inaccurate? On what do you base that? If you make a statement not knowing the facts then you are lying.

vantexan

Not going to continue to “best this dead horse” with you. You stick with your COC doctrines.

I’m good off that.

Keep relating to the world and humanity exclusively through your interpretation and opinion of the meaning of scripture using the version of the Bible that you use to establish your interpretation and opinion and meaning of what God says to you. Then tell everyone with a different interpretation and opinion as to meaning of scripture that they are wrong and you are right and that you and the COC are the right ones, thebtrue church and that all others are wrong and false teachers. Have at it.

The comments you replied to were directed at a reply from @FromOffTheStreets.
If you had been paying attention I've stated on here that I was raised in the CofC but no longer accept some of their teachings. For example I told you there are 2.4 billion Christians worldwide. Members of the CofC would tell you(most would), that only members of the CofC are true Christians. That the rest are members of their particular denominations. I agree with their emphasis on being accurate in following God's will. I just think they've gotten some of it wrong. But not nearly as much as you have. Sorry, but I believe you've developed a messianic complex. .

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you saying you've only lied one time in your life? No Because lately you have made some statements without backing them up. You said I was inaccurate but refuse to say how. I either am or I'm not. If I'm not.then I would be lying. But since I stated what's a commonly known fact about how many who claim Christianity there are in the world then I would like to know why you feel that's inaccurate? On what do you base that? If you make a statement not knowing the facts then you are lying.
🥱

You need to reread, I would check your comprehension skills.

In your opinion:

vantexan

🥱

You need to reread, I would check your comprehension skills.

In your opinion:

If you lie are you not then a liar? You demand answers from me but refuse to back up your own statements. What do you call yourself again?