Christianity

tourists24

Jesus was an insurrectionist and revolutionary
Nope. He was the son of God and came to earth as prophesied many times. He let the world know exactly who he was and why he was sent. He offered himself as a sacrifice for our sins and paving the way to be born again. Now a lot of his followers thought he was sent to be an insurrectionist and governmental revolutionary even though Jesus told them differently.

rickyb

Nope. He was the son of God and came to earth as prophesied many times. He let the world know exactly who he was and why he was sent. He offered himself as a sacrifice for our sins and paving the way to be born again. Now a lot of his followers thought he was sent to be an insurrectionist and governmental revolutionary even though Jesus told them differently.
Really? Did they wear t-shirts with his likeness like all those Che Guevara t-shirts?
christianity is perverted so we dont understand the important meaning of it all:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons and daughters of God. Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus, if he lived in contemporary society, would be undocumented. He was not a Roman citizen. He lived without rights, under Roman occupation. Jesus was a person of color. The Romans were white. And the Romans, who peddled their own version of white supremacy, nailed people of color to crosses almost as often as we finish them off with lethal injections, gun them down in the streets, lock them up in cages or slaughter them in Gaza. The Romans killed Jesus as an insurrectionist, a revolutionary. They feared the radicalism of the Christian Gospel. And they were right to fear it. The Roman state saw Jesus the way the American state saw Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. Then, like now, prophets were killed.

The Bible unequivocally condemns the powerful. It is not a self-help manual to become rich. It does not bless America or any other nation. It was written for the powerless, for those James Cone calls the crucified of the earth. It was written to give a voice to, and affirm the dignity of, those being crushed by malignant power and empire.

tourists24

christianity is perverted so we dont understand the important meaning of it all:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons and daughters of God. Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus, if he lived in contemporary society, would be undocumented. He was not a Roman citizen. He lived without rights, under Roman occupation. Jesus was a person of color. The Romans were white. And the Romans, who peddled their own version of white supremacy, nailed people of color to crosses almost as often as we finish them off with lethal injections, gun them down in the streets, lock them up in cages or slaughter them in Gaza. The Romans killed Jesus as an insurrectionist, a revolutionary. They feared the radicalism of the Christian Gospel. And they were right to fear it. The Roman state saw Jesus the way the American state saw Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. Then, like now, prophets were killed.

The Bible unequivocally condemns the powerful. It is not a self-help manual to become rich. It does not bless America or any other nation. It was written for the powerless, for those James Cone calls the crucified of the earth. It was written to give a voice to, and affirm the dignity of, those being crushed by malignant power and empire.

And yet He fulfilled everything that was prophesied. People pervert Christianity because they act in their own self interest instead of what God may want them to do. There is nothing unequivocal condemning about being rich and powerful (please show me exactly where it says that in the bible that positions of power is condemned). Jesus did bless the meek, poor, and mournful but also would bless anyone who would turn to him. The Romans you mentioned were driven by their own desires as many today and all throughout history are.

Again you aren't driven to do what you think is right because you are driven by the holy spirit through you relationship with God. You are doing it in the same way as any non believer does by doing it for your own self interest alone; and use Jesus from a position of authority do act like you're doing His will.

rickyb

And yet He fulfilled everything that was prophesied. People pervert Christianity because they act in their own self interest instead of what God may want them to do. There is nothing unequivocal condemning about being rich and powerful (please show me exactly where it says that in the bible that positions of power is condemned). Jesus did bless the meek, poor, and mournful but also would bless anyone who would turn to him. The Romans you mentioned were driven by their own desires as many today and all throughout history are.

Again you aren't driven to do what you think is right because you are driven by the holy spirit through you relationship with God. You are doing it in the same way as any non believer does by doing it for your own self interest alone; and use Jesus from a position of authority do act like you're doing His will.
we should copy jesus.

you should ask cornel west, chris hedges, james cone, and william barber, and jim wallis

the bible says woe to the rich. its very clear about critiquing power i will reference it for you here.

obviously power corrupts.

tourists24

we should copy jesus.

you should ask cornel west, chris hedges, james cone, and william barber, and jim wallis

the bible says woe to the rich. its very clear about critiquing power i will reference it for you here.

obviously power corrupts.
OR…. I can be guided by the gospel and prayerful guidance from the Holy Spirit instead of your gurus. The people I get my extracurricular studies from are also gospel driven; not some self serving justifications.

And if you are getting your guidance from William Barber, that would definitely explain your misguidance. I’ve seen him in action for years being from NC. He’s a man of God in title only

rickyb

OR…. I can be guided by the gospel and prayerful guidance from the Holy Spirit instead of your gurus. The people I get my extracurricular studies from are also gospel driven; not some self serving justifications.

And if you are getting your guidance from William Barber, that would definitely explain your misguidance. I’ve seen him in action for years being from NC. He’s a man of God in title only
no i think hes the real deal. hes been arrested 15 times.

chris hedges is a minister, so was james cone, so was william barber II

Last edited:

vantexan

As usual you are pushing untrue stuff. Jesus was a Caucasian. And the Romans didn't do any such thing. Pontius Pilate found no wrong in Jesus. But he executed him to placate the Jews.

tourists24

As usual you are pushing untrue stuff. Jesus was a Caucasian. And the Romans didn't do any such thing. Pontius Pilate found no wrong in Jesus. But he executed him to placate the Jews.
The fact that William Barber is one of his idols explains a lot. Look him up. He’s a nut job. He uses his position of Reverend-ness for his political escapades. Just envision a 400 lb Al Sharpton

tourists24

be christ like. you think jesus got crucified sitting around? no he got crucified because he was taking econoimc and political action.
You are being misguided in your understanding. Just plain wrong. Hopefully one day if you're going to speak as if you are a Christian, I pray you actually become one.

vantexan

be christ like. you think jesus got crucified sitting around? no he got crucified because he was taking econoimc and political action.
"My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders."

Jesus Christ
John 18:36

@rickyb If you're going to tell anyone what Jesus was about, you might start with learning what Jesus himself said. Christians don't bring about a better world by protesting and fighting governments. They bring about a better world by living the Christian life. That involves treating others the way you want to be treated. Rejecting sin. No matter how much people say they hate Christianity they'll never point to a better way to live when practiced.

rickyb

"My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders."

Jesus Christ
John 18:36

@rickyb If you're going to tell anyone what Jesus was about, you might start with learning what Jesus himself said. Christians don't bring about a better world by protesting and fighting governments. They bring about a better world by living the Christian life. That involves treating others the way you want to be treated. Rejecting sin. No matter how much people say they hate Christianity they'll never point to a better way to live when practiced.
governments sin

have you considered you misinterpreted the quote. it IS up for interpretation.

rickyb

You are being misguided in your understanding. Just plain wrong. Hopefully one day if you're going to speak as if you are a Christian, I pray you actually become one.
1719955154083.png

jesus was a prophet youd agree?

tourists24

View attachment 490583
jesus was a prophet youd agree?

He was the son of God, which no one ever was or ever be besides Him. But yes, a prophet is someone who is ordained by God to speak and teach on His behalf. Jesus was condemned to die not by the Romans per se (they did issue the order), Pilate said he found no fault with Jesus. It was his own people who decided it would be Jesus instead of Barabbas. It could just have easily been Barabbas and not Jesus sentenced. He was killed not because he was an insurrectionist but because He claimed to be the Chosen One. Your guru preacher is teaching heresy.