climate catastrophe

newolddude

Never experienced them in my parts. Even outages were rare.

When they turn off the power, how long was it off?
The power wasn't off but at reduced levels. You could do that back then because nothing was digital so it wouldn't damage circuits.

Supposedly it was fairly common across the upper Midwest (Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota etc) in the 70's during the summer when people started getting central A/C.

It was usually in the later afternoon from around 3 or 4pm until the sun went down.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The power wasn't off but at reduced levels. You could do that back then because nothing was digital so it wouldn't damage circuits.

Supposedly it was fairly common across the upper Midwest (Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota etc) in the 70's during the summer when people started getting central A/C.

It was usually in the later afternoon from around 3 or 4pm until the sun went down.
I never heard of that. I always thought a brown out to be shutting down grids to protect the system?

newolddude

I never heard of that. I always thought a brown out to be shutting down grids to protect the system?
In some places they call a total power outage a brownout. But I'm talking about when the power company would intentionally step the power down. Lights would be dimmer, motors would run slower etc.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
customers who enroll in the program are clearly not aware of the fact that they can literally lose control of cooling or heating their home. Then, as a reward for their compliance, Xcel offers customers a whopping $100 credit up front and $25 annually

Thebrownblob

you sortve live in an alt reality
Seriously Ricky? Nothing they predicted has happened. And they rinse and repeat it with every 10 to 15 years to capture young impressionable knuckleheads. We should’ve been frozen to death by now. Acid rain should be burning our bodies. Your problem is you worship man and think they control something they cannot. We have no control over the climate. The government only wants to tax you and control you. That is your matrix. Wake up neo.

rickyb

Seriously Ricky? Nothing they predicted has happened. And they rinse and repeat it with every 10 to 15 years to capture young impressionable knuckleheads. We should’ve been frozen to death by now. Acid rain should be burning our bodies. Your problem is you worship man and think they control something they cannot. We have no control over the climate. The government only wants to tax you and control you. That is your matrix. Wake up neo.
you think the left wing is a powerful force in america too right?