Contract Boogieman

cachmeifucan

This contract lies with our local leaders and pressuring them to say OK we tried this is all ups wants to offer you we don't think it's good enough so we encourage you to vote no so that we can do better not much but something we have to send a message for years. Vote no

F

Frankie's Friend

Now divide those jobs out by building and size. Lol
It is pretty simple math actually. They've already had a jump start on this for months. You better believe it.
Why would the company agree to something that they didn't have already worked out on paper?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Now divide those jobs out by building and size. Lol
5000 jobs is a FING JOKE!!!! Considering that UPS has EASILY hired that amount each year for the last 5 years anyway!!! Over 2000 of those jobs will be from these new sleeper teams they are going to put in.... wtf was Denis thinking... didn’t he have a general idea how many drivers across the US will be retiring in the Next couple years...???

F

Frankie's Friend

5000 jobs is a FING JOKE!!!! Considering that UPS has EASILY hired that amount each year for the last 5 years anyway!!! Over 2000 of those jobs will be from these new sleeper teams they are going to put in.... wtf was Denis thinking... didn’t he have a general idea how many drivers across the US will be retiring in the Next couple years...???
They've all had it figured out for a long time with pretty close hypothesis.
5000 jobs ÷ 1200 facilities (guesstimation) is only 4 per center.
You know the proportion isn't even. But that's 5000 jobs in 5 years total.

do that math Gumby.... show everyone so they can see it with their own eyes...
Okay here it goes.
I'm using the example of $6 more an hour for a RPCD working 49 hours a week.

$6 X 40 hours = $240. $9 an hour over time time 9 hours is $81 .for a total of $321 a week

Now I used an online calculator assuming you invested that $321a week over 30 years at 6%

Screenshot_20180729-141710.png
Screenshot_20180729-141718.png

F

Frankie's Friend

200 driver center could hire 50 more 22.4s and if the local practice is to allow bumping from center to center then they could max out a few more and let them bump each other or cover as vacation vacancies arise?

That's 50 in one building and covers 10%.

Only 100 more buildings (hubs) to go. Not that hard and it's alarming when you think of the percentages.

LagunaBrown

Okay here it goes.
I'm using the example of $6 more an hour for a RPCD working 49 hours a week.

$6 X 40 hours = $240. $9 an hour over time time 9 hours is $81 .for a total of $321 a week

Now I used an online calculator assuming you invested that $321 over 30 years at 6%

View attachment 204593 View attachment 204594
You do know those drivers will go full time driving and are not stuck in a 22.4 job for 30 years.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
@LagunaBrown is a troll don’t feed him. Let him vote whatever he wants it’s his right. It’s a great contract for him, :censored2: the rest of the country that might get it in the rear end. It’s all instant gratification now a days especially with the younger generation.

LagunaBrown

Don't count on it. This contract is only the beginning. Personally I don't care. Vote your future away. Give back decades of going forward. Just show me the money today and :censored2: tomorrow

Absolutely unbelievable
You saying they will not have full time driving opportunity is absurd!

LagunaBrown

@LagunaBrown is a troll don’t feed him. Let him vote whatever he wants it’s his right. It’s a great contract for him, :censored2: the rest of the country that might get it in the rear end. It’s all instant gratification now a days especially with the younger generation.
Oh so you want us to screw over our retiree that are getting better language and risk improvement in our area. Your so noble. Sorry you can’t deal with other regional situations so you call them trolls. Your childish and a fool to say such things when all I have said is to read the contract, talk to your Business Agents and know your supplements and rider language. Last contract guys like you confused people in our area. Everyone has a right to know their situation and to vote yes or no depending on their specific region. Deal with it

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Oh so you want us to screw over our retiree that are getting better language and risk improvement in our area. Your so noble. Sorry you can’t deal with other regional situations so you call them trolls. Your childish and a fool to say such things when all I have said is to read the contract, talk to your Business Agents and know your supplements and rider language. Last contract guys like you confused people in our area. Everyone has a right to know their situation and to vote yes or no depending on their specific region. Deal with it
I’m not any different then you. You say we are trying to scare people into voting no. You are doing the same thing trying to get them to vote yes. You are childish and foolish just like you say we are. You won’t listen to anyone’s reason, all you say is talked to business agent and tell people they haven’t read it, you are a :censored2:ing troll and a horrible one. Iv talked to my business agent plenty of times he tells me to vote no, say that it’s a :censored2: contract. What do you say about that? I never tell anyone to vote yes or no. Everyone has a brain, they can read and decide for them self. Also it’s you’re*

I’m not any different then you. You say we are trying to scare people into voting no. You are doing the same thing trying to get them to vote yes. You are childish and foolish just like you say we are. You won’t listen to anyone’s reason all you say is talked to business agent and tell people they haven’t read it, you are a :censored2:ing troll and a horrible one. Iv talked to my business agent plenty of times he tells me to vote no, say that it’s a :censored2: contract. What do you say about that? I never tell anyone to vote yes or no. Everyone has a brain, they can read and decide for them self. Also it’s you’re*
I'm not telling anyone how to vote, I'm telling them I am voting no. They can do as they please.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I'm not telling anyone how to vote, I'm telling them I am voting no. They can do as they please.
I agree, there are plenty of reason for every vote. Some will vote yes some will vote no. Just ticks me off that he comes with the contract buggy man bull:censored2: saying we are trying to get people to vote no when he is hypocritical and doing the same :censored2:.

I agree, there are plenty of reason for every vote. Some will vote yes some will vote no. Just ticks me off that he comes with the contract buggy man bull:censored2: saying we are trying to get people to vote no when he is hypocritical and doing the same :censored2:.
We need a 50% turnout so the IBT can't pull some BS impasse language if it fails.

Last edited: