Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How about some type of uniform standards. I shouldn't have to order uniforms every 6 months because they fall apart. And it takes 2/3 years to break them in to where they are comfortable.

LeadBelly

Banned
I wasn't posting to you.
Understanding (and/or listening to) others shows character strength. Continuously harping on and trying to discredit true Teamster members that aren't in agreement with certain issues in the CBA by calling them TDU (and other degrading labels) is what keeps the pot stirred.
I was weening off this site but as I read for what seemed the ten thousandth time that dissent union workers, with their own issues with the last CBA were substandard individuals I feel it deserved a response.
Peace to you as well.
I know brother

10 Pt

Nick P, was there.

Is he now.... not a rep.... for TDU ??

Get your story straight.

-Bug-
Uninvited by the stewards that initiated the meeting.
My story is straight. Yours is crooked because you weren't there. There was a text that went out before the meeting to exclude anyone who pushed the "TDU agenda" whatever that means. That hurt "some" people's feelings but the meeting wasn't about TDU membership it was about our contract ... voted on by UPS members. Just because other people showed up that were strong TDU supporters does not indict any of us who were there because of our own issues about the CBA. Get your comprehension straight.

My story has never changed from the previous posts and you got to admit it unless you are illiterate. I will say again nobody who is an officer or member of TDU led any of those discussions.

For the record, I've come to know Nick on a personal level over the last few years and I like him as a person. He's always considerate and respectful towards me. Unlike yourself.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The same with my local. People know of it's existence but there is no organized TDU of any kind in my local.
I've never seen any kind of literature or any kind of meetings by TDU at local meetings. But it seems to be BUG and Lead Belly's
boogeyman who is destroying the IBT. Perhaps if the IBT were more transparent during negoiations TDU wouldn't
even be known at all.
What is TDU?

35years

Gravy route
Sorry, I did not read all 26 pages.

Pension crisis has to be #1. I am in the Central so we are not as bad off as many others. But the contact is about all of us. The laws have changed since the last CBA and we need to take our heads out of the sand.

9.5 language needs to be improved so you stay on the list indefinitely, unless you request to be taken off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How about an extra 8 hour day a month....sometimes 2 isn't enough especially when they friend the driver on one...they are good here about it but I know some locations d.g.a.s about giving the driver a fair dispatch... And 2 hours of penalty pay isn't s....make it 5 hours of penalty pay and its automatic... No grievance needs to be filled...this was a great contract enhancement, 8 hour days, so we need to push them on the issue

Already get 3 a month out here in the flatlands. Have for the last 30 years

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Uninvited by the stewards that initiated the meeting.There was a text that went out before the meeting to exclude anyone who pushed the "TDU agenda" whatever that means.

That's good to hear.

Yet, TDU people were there.

My story is straight. Yours is crooked because you weren't there.

You're right....

Because I declined the invitation. ;)

For the record, I've come to know Nick on a personal level over the last few years and I like him as a person.

He is just misguided, on where his loyalties should lie.

9.5 language needs to be improved so you stay on the list indefinitely, unless you request to be taken off.

Back to topic

This is a proposal, all pkg drivers should get behind.

If certain drivers want or need the OT, they should sign up for it.

Not cram it down the throats of everyone....

With the "implied" threat of harassment and intimidation for exercising your rights.

Keep 'em coming guys.... I'm taking notes.

-Bug-

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Back to topic.

This is a proposal, all pkg drivers should get behind.

If certain drivers want or need the OT, they should sign up for it.

Not cram it down the throats of everyone....

With the "implied" threat of harassment and intimidation for exercising your rights.

Keep 'em coming guys.... I'm taking notes.

-Bug-
Don't know if it was mentioned, but technology language needs to be stronger than ever as well. Telematics data and Orion harrasment are growing by the day.

DriverNerd

How about some type of uniform standards. I shouldn't have to order uniforms every 6 months because they fall apart. And it takes 2/3 years to break them in to where they are comfortable.

I don't mind the build quality of them as I don't have to pay for them, but it is embarrassing to interact with people and have my shirt, pants, and coat all different shades of brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.