Cops beat FedEx employee to death.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
When the authorities are coming out ahead of time and saying 'please don't riot, because you probably should after seeing this', there's a good chance there will be troubles.

Box Ox

When the authorities are coming out ahead of time and saying 'please don't riot, because you probably should after seeing this', there's a good chance there will be troubles.

Also a good chance that you're gonna have a real bad time if you're walking the streets of Memphis after dark for any reason.

Jiangshi

Also a good chance that you're gonna have a real bad time if you're walking the streets of Memphis after dark for any reason.
It's been a couple of years, but I did not find that to be the case.

Your comment seems maybe just a tiny bit biased, unless you live in Memphis. If you do live in Memphis, can you get me a few bottles of Interstate BBQ sauce? I'm almost out.

Box Ox

It's been a couple of years, but I did not find that to be the case.

Your comment seems maybe just a tiny bit biased, unless you live in Memphis. If you do live in Memphis, can you get me a few bottles of Interstate BBQ sauce? I'm almost out.

“Memphis has been ranked as the most dangerous city in the United States, according to a 24/7 Wall St. study using FBI statistics.

Memphis is also ranked with the second highest homicide rate than any U.S. metro area. In 2019, there were 237 homicides reported. That number climbed to 327 in 2020, which is about a 38 percent increase. So far this year, more homicides have already been reported than in 2020.“

A062EA6F-D22A-4C93-830E-B46CEF4631FD.jpeg

Jiangshi

@Box Ox , when is the last time you went to Memphis? My wife and I really enjoy Memphis, as we do Atlanta, Chicago, and Detroit, to name a few. We aren't stupid, but we never felt in danger in any of those.

Thebrownblob

Strawman.

Have you been? Do you live there?

I have walked the streets past midnight, safely, dancing with a drink in my hand.

Do better.
Actually, that’s a strawman argument. I have walked safely through the streets of east St. Louis in the middle of the night. Wasn’t a great idea, but I did it.

Do better

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"you people" have made 'blue' a race.

They are not heroes bcause they put on a uniform.

One of my sons is a Man in Blue.
Every day I ask him two questions. "Did you shoot anybody today?" "Did you get shot at today?"
Both happen more than his Mom knows.
I don't think he would last long in Memphis. A lot depends on where you work and who runs the department as to what gets out.
When they were tearing down statues everywhere in the country, here was his instructions..." If it develops, stack bodies. The statue (there is only one at the courthouse and it honors Confederate Soldiers who died) is not moving."
Riot? Not in this county.