Coronavirus

Next Day Err

You assuming someone vaccinated didn't benefit via lesser symptoms after a later infection.
I think that was my case. I was vaccinated and then later infected and was laid out pretty well for a few days. I don't regret taking the vaccine. I will take the next one as soon as they're available and recommended. I saw first hand what this virus has done to my family and others I know.

I also just got the flu shot. Never used to get the shots for flu. I've wised up.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We were a lot tougher back then....

1694979226163.png

newolddude

Our priest has COVID. Had a substitute priest who must have been 80 something years old. Mass took nearly 90 minutes for standard/nothing special. I think communion took well over 20 minutes.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Our priest has COVID. Had a substitute priest who must have been 80 something years old. Mass took nearly 90 minutes for standard/nothing special. I think communion took well over 20 minutes.

I know this isn’t you but why do people that say they go to church to get closer to God start looking at their watches and get squirmy in the pews and want to get out of there after 60 mins but think they want to spend eternity with the God that the church is getting them closer to? 🤔

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I know this isn’t you but why do people that say they go to church to get closer to God start looking at their watches and get squirmy in the pews and want to get out of there after 60 mins but think they want to spend eternity with the God that the church is getting them closer to? 🤔
You’re equating God, with Church services.

Now that we’ve cleared that up, I bet you can figure it out all by yourself.

Darmark7

You’re equating God, with Church services.

Now that we’ve cleared that up, I bet you can figure it out all by yourself.

No I’m not equating God with church. I don’t think church has anything to do with God that’s why I don’t go. The people that I know that goes to church says themselves that they go to learn about God, feel his presents and get prepared for where they are going when they die. What does the people you know go to church for?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No I’m not equating God with church. I don’t think church has anything to do with God that’s why I don’t go. The people that I know that goes to church says themselves that they go to learn about God, feel his presents and get prepared for where they are going when they die. What does the people you know go to church for?
Worship their Creator.
Pray for forgiveness of their sins.
Pray for God's blessings.
Thank God for His gifts.
Learn how to emulate Christ by His Word.
Form a community of like-minded people.

Those like you who only consider how to criticize others for their failures, instead of holding out your hand to lift them up, are blind to the benefits of Church. God's children want to spend eternity with Him because they've learned to recognize Him in their fellow man.

Darmark7

Worship their Creator.
Pray for forgiveness of their sins.
Pray for God's blessings.
Thank God for His gifts.
Learn how to emulate Christ by His Word.
Form a community of like-minded people.

All that and yet they get squirmy and impatient if the service runs long. Sheesh! Maybe those people aren’t quite as enthusiastic as I’m sure you are.
You also said “God's children want to spend eternity with Him because they've learned to recognize Him in their fellow man.” If they recognize “Him” in their fellow man you would think they would want to spend hours and hours with “them“ that they recognize “Him” in. Some how I bet a lot of those same people could spend hours at a football game and never look at their watch or get squirmy. Seems like they are more comfortable around people at a football game than people that they recognize “Him“ in. Just my observation.. but I’m sure “Those like me” just don’t understand the love of church people like you have.
I don’t want to get this into another religious thread so I’ll leave it at that. Good day to you.