Demoncrats want to tax pensions in Illinois

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well Rauner is the governor so this shift is already happening but if JB wins then you’re gonna see a mass exodus, Democrats have ruined the state. State employee pension is out of control, it’s based on last 2 years of employment so most will work all the OT they can their last 2 years and get 80% of that.

My friend is a master sergeant with the state police and makes $130k a year. State prison employee I know makes $100k with all the overtime. They’ll retire with 80% of that, that’s not sustainable, obviously.
And 3% raises every year in their pension. Rarely do pensions get raises in retirement.

The bigger issue with the pensions is the state not paying in for years though

reginald95

I'm voting no in November on that. Have you seen the new generation that is definitely a gateway drug to young idiots. I don't need them crashing into me or my friends or family. You OK if your kids do drugs I'm not it steals the ambition and another way for government to get rich off killing us.

Alcohol is worse than weed. Should the make alcohol illegal?

HollandMan73

And 3% raises every year in their pension. Rarely do pensions get raises in retirement.

The bigger issue with the pensions is the state not paying in for years though

Yep....Down here in Joliet (south of Chicago)pension costs now account for about 60-70% of the city budget.....real estate taxes will never go down in IL. Only up....my buddy pays 15k a year now in real estate taxes. friend** that!

Staydryitsraining

I'm voting no in November on that. Have you seen the new generation that is definitely a gateway drug to young idiots. I don't need them crashing into me or my friends or family. You OK if your kids do drugs I'm not it steals the ambition and another way for government to get rich off killing us.
Colorado has seen a decrease in vehicle crashes and fatalities.

cachmeifucan

So you OK with your kids smoking weed. I'm not. If you want to toke up go ahead but the government should not get involved. Maybe decriminalization small amounts but it is a gateway drug for many weak minded people even if it hasn't been for everyone. Then they say mushrooms are natural to and herion and coke come from plants also. It's already readily available. And even if it's legal your job can still fire you for the federal law.

Brownslave688

So you OK with your kids smoking weed. I'm not. If you want to toke up go ahead but the government should not get involved. Maybe decriminalization small amounts but it is a gateway drug for many weak minded people even if it hasn't been for everyone. Then they say mushrooms are natural to and herion and coke come from plants also. It's already readily available. And even if it's legal your job can still fire you for the federal law.
You still believe you'll go blind if you jerk off too much too?

Brownslave688

Ok, but a car can be important for commuting to work and getting your kids to and from school. A phone can be important to take calls from said kids. These are useful things.
Cars kill far more people everyday than weed has ever killed.

I'm assuming you don't drink either? It should be illegal too?

Why can't people just be allowed to make their own choices?

specter208

Cars kill far more people everyday than weed has ever killed.

I'm assuming you don't drink either? It should be illegal too?

Why can't people just be allowed to make their own choices?
Hey, you have a free will. But there are consequences to the decisions you make. If you want to smoke, get pulled for a random drug test and get your ass fired. That is on you.

Brownslave688

Hey, you have a free will. But there are consequences to the decisions you make. If you want to smoke, get pulled for a random drug test and get your ass fired. That is on you.
We are talking about legality not employers stance on weed.

I have never smoked a single joint in my life. But I've never heard a reasonable explanation as to why it's illegal.

In all my interactions I have to say give me someone high on pot over a drunk any day.