scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
iOS Image - 2671228041.jpg
Gotta love Dish Network. These boxes sat on somebody's front porch for a couple of years! I make attempts on them, easy money.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I always attempt call tags even if I forget to grab them in the morning.

But another question, do residential call tags require a signature? I remember years ago someone saying they do so I have always gotten a sig, but that seems dumb.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That was at a doctor's house too! What gets me is when I go make three attempts at a house and you hear some lame excuse why the deadbeat won't give up the equipment. They cancel the credit card they signed up for the service so they are getting free TV. I have been to the same houses over and over trying to get this stuff over a period of several months. Dish Network should have designed their equipment so they could turn it off for non-payment.

That was at a doctor's house too! What gets me is when I go make three attempts at a house and you hear some lame excuse why the deadbeat won't give up the equipment. They cancel the credit card they signed up for the service so they are getting free TV. I have been to the same houses over and over trying to get this stuff over a period of several months. Dish Network should have designed their equipment so they could turn it off for non-payment.
We are bill collectors.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Pretty sure they can. I knew a guy back in the day who could wipe and program the cards that went in them, free tv. Probably figured out a way to stop that long ago though.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
But another question, do residential call tags require a signature? I remember years ago someone saying they do so I have always gotten a sig, but that seems dumb.

No, you don't get signatures when picking up a package with a Call Tag. I have never heard of that, somebody was pulling your leg.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure they can. I knew a guy back in the day who could wipe and program the cards that went in them, free tv. Probably figured out a way to stop that long ago though.

No, Dish Network can't turn off the equipment. That's the problem. Customers sign up for the service using automatic payments from their credit card. Cancel the card, you still have the equipment. In the early days of cable, you could cram a piece of plastic in the cable box and get all the channels. A cop showed me how! Some early cable boxes could be changed by buying an illegal chip.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They do but they would also like to get their equipment back so that they can refurbish it and use it again.

Indecisi0n

No, you don't get signatures when picking up a package with a Call Tag. I have never heard of that, somebody was pulling your leg.
They just started this very thing. Other day I have a call tag for a busted tv and it required a signature. It was very confusing. Thankfully customer was home to sign. I wonder what the office would have me do if they weren't home and the package was outside.