Do fedex trucks have GPS?

trickpony1

Been a BC member for years but never posted on fedex board.
Several days ago we got a pkg that was addressed to a person 25 miles away. I called the retailer and the receiver and all was made right. I did the honest thing.
This is just one example.
Fedex delivered a rather expensive pkg of ours to the house behind us. Same house number but different street. She did the honest thing. She walked the pkg to our house. If she hadn't, we would have been SOL. The picture of the porch clearly wasn't our porch.

My question is: why is it so difficult to read the address on pkg, drive to that address and deliver said pkg. Do fedex "diads" have an obnoxious "scream" if driver isn't at the correct address? Do fedex diads have a beep or other indicator they are at the correct address?

Are fedex drivers paid by the hour or by the pkg?
Are fedex drivers subject to discipline for misdeliveries? I believe UPS drivers are.

This feedah driver has enough on my plate. I can't consult, oversee or manage fedex operations.
Thanks for any suggestions.

It will be fine

Been a BC member for years but never posted on fedex board.
Several days ago we got a pkg that was addressed to a person 25 miles away. I called the retailer and the receiver and all was made right. I did the honest thing.
This is just one example.
Fedex delivered a rather expensive pkg of ours to the house behind us. Same house number but different street. She did the honest thing. She walked the pkg to our house. If she hadn't, we would have been SOL. The picture of the porch clearly wasn't our porch.

My question is: why is it so difficult to read the address on pkg, drive to that address and deliver said pkg. Do fedex "diads" have an obnoxious "scream" if driver isn't at the correct address? Do fedex diads have a beep or other indicator they are at the correct address?

Are fedex drivers paid by the hour or by the pkg?
Are fedex drivers subject to discipline for misdeliveries? I believe UPS drivers are.

This feedah driver has enough on my plate. I can't consult, oversee or manage fedex operations.
Thanks for any suggestions.
There’s a few problems with GPS markers and their distance tolerance. If you set them to alert at too small of a distance from the expected location, they just go off all the time and the driver gets trained to ignore it. If you set them too far they don’t alert at all and being a block away might not trigger it. Best practice is to look at street signs coming and going from the street.

Reality is the drivers don’t care and are rushed. Years of little to no pay increases means drivers aren’t as concerned about losing the job so it’s hard to hold them accountable for the occasional mistake.

Aquaman

There’s a few problems with GPS markers and their distance tolerance. If you set them to alert at too small of a distance from the expected location, they just go off all the time and the driver gets trained to ignore it. If you set them too far they don’t alert at all and being a block away might not trigger it. Best practice is to look at street signs coming and going from the street.

Reality is the drivers don’t care and are rushed. Years of little to no pay increases means drivers aren’t as concerned about losing the job so it’s hard to hold them accountable for the occasional mistake.
That last paragraph is the real answer. Obviously a UPS employee with industry leading benefits, and pay isn’t going to understand how little a FedEx employee cares about anything. Dude we hit stuff in our trucks, misdeliver packages all the time. Are late to work. Nobody cares. How worried would you be about losing a job making in the mid to low 20’s/hr with garbage benefits? I sleep in my truck right in front of the dash camera. Fire me… make my day.

fdxsux

That last paragraph is the real answer. Obviously a UPS employee with industry leading benefits, and pay isn’t going to understand how little a FedEx employee cares about anything. Dude we hit stuff in our trucks, misdeliver packages all the time. Are late to work. Nobody cares. How worried would you be about losing a job making in the mid to low 20’s/hr with garbage benefits? I sleep in my truck right in front of the dash camera. Fire me… make my day.
What he said.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I never post in FedEx either.

Curious….. will this behavior get you more money and benefits?

It will be fine

I never post in FedEx either.

Curious….. will this behavior get you more money and benefits?
I don’t think corporate leadership sees any connection between compensation and service level. They think they can demand better service and it will magically happen. I’m certain that if they get the service they want with low pay they won’t ever consider paying more.

I don’t think corporate leadership sees any connection between compensation and service level. They think they can demand better service and it will magically happen. I’m certain that if they get the service they want with low pay they won’t ever consider paying more.
It's kinda weird, the more UPS pays us, the less they care about level of service.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
What behavior do you think would lead to better pay and benefits? If workers gave it their all and were as productive as possible would FedEx let that money trickle down?

The only behavior that would get significantly better pay and benefits is signing a union card. But the way things are set up at FedEx that probably won’t happen.

zeev

Service is meaningless FedEx plane is being crashed going the way of Sears and Kmart only its planned. Get your parachute especially the contractors, employees will be executed in an orderly fashion .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What behavior do you think would lead to better pay and benefits? If workers gave it their all and were as productive as possible would FedEx let that money trickle down?
The idiot brags about what a slacker and embarrassingly unprofessional employee he is. It's not making him any more money.

I can't help it if he's stupid.

59 Dano

How worried would you be about losing a job making in the mid to low 20’s/hr with garbage benefits?
If I could get a better job, I wouldn't care. But if I could get a better job, I'd have already done so.

If whatever it is you do is the best you can do, it doesn't make much sense to jeopardize that when all of your alternatives are even worse.

59 Dano

It’s not making him any less money. You didn’t answer, what behavior would lead to more money?
Oh, I don't know. Can't answer that. He has opportunities within the company, though everyone is usually well stocked with excuses for never making use of them. If he's telling the truth then he's giving them all the reasons they need to keep or cut compensation (or his job, for that matter).

I've had bad jobs before but have never had the urge to respond to them in such a stupid and counterproductive way.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Oh, I don't know. Can't answer that. He has opportunities within the company, though everyone is usually well stocked with excuses for never making use of them. If he's telling the truth then he's giving them all the reasons they need to keep or cut compensation (or his job, for that matter).

I've had bad jobs before but have never had the urge to respond to them in such a stupid and counterproductive way.
Well get used to that type of worker. That's exactly what McKinsey is attracting with its slash and burn ideas. FedEx is circling the drain.

59 Dano

It’s not making him any less money. You didn’t answer, what behavior would lead to more money?

Let me add to that. Employees who act that way don't change. The story they give about how they weren't like that in the past but got that way because the company did whatever is BS. They were always unprofessional, they just offered different excuses as to why. Good employees stay and continue to be good, or they leave. They don't do an about face into a DGAF mentality.