Do fedex trucks have GPS?

It will be fine

Let me add to that. Employees who act that way don't change. The story they give about how they weren't like that in the past but got that way because the company did whatever is BS. They were always unprofessional, they just offered different excuses as to why. Good employees stay and continue to be good, or they leave. They don't do an about face into a DGAF mentality.
That’s a ridiculous statement, I don’t believe you can support it with any studies. The fact is there is a major culture problem at FedEx right now. It’s driven by compensation that has not remained competitive along with truly awful management. You can blame the workers for the bad culture but everyone knows that’s absurd, culture starts at the top.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That’s a ridiculous statement, I don’t believe you can support it with any studies. The fact is there is a major culture problem at FedEx right now. It’s driven by compensation that has not remained competitive along with truly awful management. You can blame the workers for the bad culture but everyone knows that’s absurd, culture starts at the top.
Except for those who suffer from a superiority complex.

MAKAVELI

I like how you just say "McKinsey" over and over like it's an answer.
I mean it's pretty evident that they along with DE Shaw have the FS, the board, and Raj by the balls. No McKinsey and there would be no merge, much less the dumpster 🔥 that is going on. Are you that :censored2: blind as to the the chaos that is happening?

FedupExpress

Economics 101- people respond to incentives. You may think you can treat people poorly and they will continue to work hard for you but it’s just not true.
I agree but there are some people at express that have purple blood, Hell I think there are couriers that would do it pro-bono.
Buddy of mine won't quit no matter how bad it is or will get.

!Retired!

It's kinda weird, the more UPS pays us, the less they care about level of service.
The less the couriers care, or the company?
It’s driven by compensation that has not remained competitive along with truly awful management. You can blame the workers for the bad culture but everyone knows that’s absurd, culture starts at the top.
So, let's see if I got this straight.
Bad culture starts at the top an filters down to the station level. 'Non competitive' pay. Bad benefits. No pension.

Where do you work?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Out of the hundreds of hourly employees I managed over the years, I never had a good employee get mad about the company, or its culture, or anything else like that and turn into a poor employee. None of my counterparts ever mentioned such a phenomenon to me in regards to their employees.

Good employees who aren't happy don't turn into bad employees. They quit for better jobs.

59 Dano

I mean it's pretty evident that they along with DE Shaw have the FS, the board, and Raj by the balls. No McKinsey and there would be no merge, much less the dumpster 🔥 that is going on. Are you that :censored2: blind as to the the chaos that is happening?
There's all these discussions going on and all you can do is say DE Shaw and McKinsey. LOL. If you ever learned to construct a rational argument about something, you'd be lit.

59 Dano

Economics 101- people respond to incentives. You may think you can treat people poorly and they will continue to work hard for you but it’s just not true.
Agreed. Good employees don't stick around because they are more likely to explore other opportunities and are better equipped to succeed in a job search. The lousy employees weren't working hard in the first place.

It will be fine

Out of the hundreds of hourly employees I managed over the years, I never had a good employee get mad about the company, or its culture, or anything else like that and turn into a poor employee. None of my counterparts ever mentioned such a phenomenon to me in regards to their employees.

Good employees who aren't happy don't turn into bad employees. They quit for better jobs.
This is Bacha level doubling down on nonsense without evidence. Sad.

It will be fine

Nah, this is bull 💩 on a whole different level. Mckinsey level. The dip 💩 hates it when you mention McKinsey. 🤣
It’s really shockingly stupid and shows how awful FedEx management is.

He claims workers are either good or bad and their attitude can’t change. He doesn’t believe any treatment by the company could possibly make a good worker a bad one. His claim ignores the mountains of evidence and research into worker burnout, worker engagement, quiet quitting, etc.

FedEx management doesn’t believe they need to keep compensation competitive or actively engage their workers to maintain job satisfaction and productivity of their workers. Do we blame Dano for this obviously terrible idea or take it as a clear example of the terrible culture at the top of FedEx?

fdxsux

Agreed. Good employees don't stick around because they are more likely to explore other opportunities and are better equipped to succeed in a job search. The lousy employees weren't working hard in the first place.
Either way FedEx is left with a bunch of lousy employees. And lousy employees provide lousy service. And service companies that provide lousy service don’t make as much money. Hmmmmm ….now where have I heard this before?

59 Dano

It’s really shockingly stupid and shows how awful FedEx management is.

He claims workers are either good or bad and their attitude can’t change.
LOL, no.

He doesn’t believe any treatment by the company could possibly make a good worker a bad one. His claim ignores the mountains of evidence and research into worker burnout, worker engagement, quiet quitting, etc.
Do some really good employees kick it down a notch? Sure. But turning good employees into bad ones? No.

The narrative here has been that the good employees are fueling unprecedented levels of turnover because they are leaving left and right for all the better jobs that are out there for the taking. But now I guess we'll pivot and all the good employees are becoming malcontents and refusing to quit.