Doomsday Clock

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
1035 on 4/7/2013 and still no union at FedEx Express.

Update.

Bbsam and Northbound will be passing out union cards to all Express employees tomorrow morning at selected stations near you. Watch for them at curbside near the entrance. They'll both be wearing T-shirts with pictures of themselves.

This is their lifelong dream everybody, don't you miss it!

northbound

1035 on 4/7/2013 and still no union at FedEx Express.

Update.

Bbsam and Northbound will be passing out union cards to all Express employees tomorrow morning at selected stations near you. Watch for them at curbside near the entrance. They'll both be wearing T-shirts with pictures of themselves.

This is their lifelong dream everybody, don't you miss it!

Be a waste of time. Nobody at Express has ambition enough to sign cards and turn them in .

CharleyHustle

Sure. I was essentially a Ground driver for the first few years when it was RPS. It was a definite step up from cab driver. What I would encourage them to do is learn a bunch of routes, show up early and stay late. Learn the business from the Ground up. In time, if Fedex is not for them, they have a damn good paid internship to put on a resume. People can "settle" in any job. I don't want my kids to ever settle. Always move forward and set new goals. Do that and it will be hard not to have great self worth and success.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I don't know how many drivers you have, but what is the percentage of your contractors that are taking your advice? How many do you think will eventually be able to do your job or a job similar to yours? How many of your or similar jobs are available to those that qualify? How many more contractors could you hire without having to hire more management help? Would this worsen the odds of contract drivers being able to move up or better themselves? As the business grows, don't you need more drivers to "show up early and stay late"? Is every worker that learns the business from the ground up going to have room at the top?

bbsam

Staff member
You need to go away. Remember, Karma is real and it will come back and bite you in the butt.....
I keep seeing that with an infusion of Ground people around here, you Express folks sure seem to be a bit crotchety. Why? Secret meetings not going as well as planned?:wink2:

northbound

a little gloomy out today it might be cause of the clock is still ticking.......

4:55 est am as far as I know no union at Express but I'm just some unsanitary tatted up live in my parents basement half wage ER health care plan Ground drone......

vantexan

Had to wake up from my nap to do this but here's today's version for bbsam:

:wink2: 1342 on 4/9/2013 :hapydancsmil: and still no union :bsbullf: at FedEx Express.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
a little gloomy out today it might be cause of the clock is still ticking.......

4:55 est am as far as I know no union at Express but I'm just some unsanitary tatted up live in my parents basement half wage ER health care plan Ground drone......
If you say so.