Driving with an expired license!

Upass.

So my driver license expired on January 12 , and i didn't renew it because of the dmv is closed. Management has no clue . Hr only sending me emails to renew it but they never asked for my new license.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So my driver license expired on January 12 , and i didn't renew it because of the dmv is closed. Management has no clue . Hr only sending me emails to renew it but they never asked for my new license.
There has to be a way to get a new license. Did you go online to find out?

PT Car Washer

Don't you have a 30 day grace period to renew your license. My state does because my license expired in December and I renewed it in January.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Here's an idea. Take some personal responsibility and or situational awareness of your own life and be ahead of the game by getting things renewed BEFORE they expire.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Took me two minutes to renew my license online. No eye test, used the picture on my last license and it arrived within a week. This was a month ago in MN
You are allowed to do this once in my state hoping all this mess is cleared up and gone by the year 2023 when I need to renew mine.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

In some states, there is a 3 to 6 month exemption because of Covid.

The same, with renewing your license plate tags or a CDL.

Check it out.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you are renewing your license you might as well get the federally compliant one so remember to bring your paperwork you need with you.

newolddude

See what your state rules are what what has been relaxed because of COVID.

Pre pandemic an expired license meant you were driving illegally. No ifs ands or buts.

newolddude

I was told if I have a passport then I don't need a "federally compliant" license.
That’s true. But if you don’t have a Real ID compliant drivers license you can’t get onto a military base or coast guard facility.

Not a big deal except if you’re on a vacation and it stops you from visiting something. For example in Virginia Beach, Key West and other places some beaches are accessed via roads going through military bases that require compliant IDs.

Just Lurking

That’s true. But if you don’t have a Real ID compliant drivers license you can’t get onto a military base or coast guard facility.

Not a big deal except if you’re on a vacation and it stops you from visiting something. For example in Virginia Beach, Key West and other places some beaches are accessed via roads going through military bases that require compliant IDs.
No. US Passport trumps all identification.

Real-ID drivers ae usually the easiest form of compliant identification for most citizens. Otherwise, the following three ID are compliant.
  • US passports
  • Native American tribal documents
  • Defense Department or federal ID cards.