Elections

BrownArmy

I see no problem with your mathematical calculation there....and I went to public skool!!

It's a reference to 1984, a lovely book by George Orwell. His view of the totalitarian state, "which has absolute control over every action and thought of its people through propaganda, secrecy, constant surveillance...", etc., is pretty much where we're at.

Here's a choice quote:

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

wkmac

I like what my daughter said, "People will do anything to get a sticker and take a selfie."

And she didn't vote today either. Nobody in my family did!

BrownArmy

UPDATE 2014 Mid-term election:

Republicans gain control of Senate.

Nothing changes: gridlock turns into a different type of gridlock.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
UPDATE 2014 Mid-term election:

Republicans gain control of Senate.

Nothing changes: gridlock turns into a different type of gridlock.
We'll see.
The real question is what Obama going to do when all those Republican bills start landing on his desk?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
DGpclBB.png

BrownArmy

We'll see.
The real question is what Obama going to do when all those Republican bills start landing on his desk?

If we can take 'marbles-in-his-mouth', turtle-face McConnell at his word, it will be a new era where we'll finally get things done in government.

In fact, turtle McConnell will be even more of a wedge in the door he claims he's trying to open.

But to answer your question, what will Obama do?: Veto, Veto, Veto?

It's been generations since this scenario hasn't played itself out (second term President losing control of the Congress in the 2nd term mid-terms...)

In either case, I think the more poignant question is, now that marbles-in-his-mouth McConnell has the ball, that also means he has the responsibility.

McConnell, at one time, was a deal-maker. He was the kind of guy the Reagan would have admired.

Lately, Mitch has been an obstructionist...(Reagan turns over in his grave).

To re-frame your question, what exactly is going to be different?

realbrown1

So much for less gov't eh!
Bills to cut taxes is for smaller government.
Bills to curb illegal immigration is for smaller government.
Bills to reform the welfare system is for smaller government.
You really don't get it.
But what else would anyone expect of you?
Not much.

realbrown1

If we can take 'marbles-in-his-mouth', turtle-face McConnell at his word, it will be a new era where we'll finally get things done in government.

In fact, turtle McConnell will be even more of a wedge in the door he claims he's trying to open.

But to answer your question, what will Obama do?: Veto, Veto, Veto?

It's been generations since this scenario hasn't played itself out (second term President losing control of the Congress in the 2nd term mid-terms...)

In either case, I think the more poignant question is, now that marbles-in-his-mouth McConnell has the ball, that also means he has the responsibility.

McConnell, at one time, was a deal-maker. He was the kind of guy the Reagan would have admired.

Lately, Mitch has been an obstructionist...(Reagan turns over in his grave).

To re-frame your question, what exactly is going to be different?
I just did.
And a president (democrat) who keeps using vetoes will almost ensure a republican president in 2016.
See where this is headed?

BrownArmy

I just did.
And a president (democrat) who keeps using vetoes will almost ensure a republican president in 2016.
See where this is headed?

Possibly.

(Just so you know, I don't care one way or another...)

Another possibility is that Repubs, riding this current wave, will promise the sky.

They will end up delivering dirt, but isn't that always the deal?

In which case, it has no measure on 2016, since that's more than ten minutes away and the American populace has a rather short attention span.

I stand by my premise...absolutely nothing will change, in the current government, or in any potential future government.

The next President will be a Republican, because the shifting tide of the idiot media will demand it.

AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

BrownArmy

And I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to the stupid and the lazy of this country by mostly staying home today.

What do you think about a proposed amendment to the Constitution that would make voting a Civil Right?

What do you think about skipping these mid-term elections?

What do you think about making voting day a national holiday?

What do you think about...

Never mind.