Elections

av8torntn

Anyone who believes the world hates the USA more today than under BUSH is devoid of world knowledge. Fire up another one, maybe it will seem more real that way.

Peace.

Really chump? Did you even make it to high school or did you just go ahead and drop out of middle school? Of all people you are gonna accuse me of drug use? Talk about a fear or debate that is just pitiful.

804brown

Really chump? Did you even make it to high school or did you just go ahead and drop out of middle school? Of all people you are gonna accuse me of drug use? Talk about a fear or debate that is just pitiful.
av8tortn, your hero hayek also said: But a dictatorship may be a necessary system for a transitional period. At times it is necessary for a country to have, for a time, some form or other of dictatorial power. As you will understand, it is possible for a dictator to govern in a liberal way. And it is also possible for a democracy to govern with a total lack of liberalism. Personally I prefer a liberal dictator to democratic government lacking liberalism

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No thanks blah blah gounj, i had it right the first time: he was never disbarred and he was a professor of constitutional law.

Illinois Registration Status:
Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law
What I have read is that it was a backroom deal to prevent his being disbarred for admitting in his book he did cocaine, and that he had other names. He lied about both on his initial license application.

bhos' title at the University of Chicago was "senior lecturer" and not "professor."

804brown

Illinois Registration Status:
Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law
What I have read is that it was a backroom deal to prevent his being disbarred for admitting in his book he did cocaine, and that he had other names. He lied about both on his initial license application.

bhos' title at the University of Chicago was "senior lecturer" and not "professor."

FactCheck.org : Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?
First Read - Professor vs. Senior Lecturer

Moreover, he was not disbarred as I stated. What does "voluntarily inactive" mean to you?? Try getting rid of the hate and try to think rationally.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
FactCheck.org : Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?
First Read - Professor vs. Senior Lecturer

Moreover, he was not disbarred as I stated. What does "voluntarily inactive" mean to you?? Try getting rid of the hate and try to think rationally.

think rationally, ok.
answer me this.....if bhos is such a well trained Harvard Law graduate and had practiced law in a court room, why is it nearly impossible for him to give a clear and precise speech without his teleprompter ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
think rationally, ok.
answer me this.....if bhos is such a well trained Harvard Law graduate and had practiced law in a court room, why is it nearly impossible for him to give a clear and precise speech without his teleprompter ?

Dont be ridiculous.... All presidents use the telepromter. BUSH couldnt put two words together without one. REAGAN was surrounded by professional speech writers all his career and couldnt speak for himself if he tried.

Give it a rest.

Peace

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dont be ridiculous.... All presidents use the telepromter. BUSH couldnt put two words together without one. REAGAN was surrounded by professional speech writers all his career and couldnt speak for himself if he tried.

Give it a rest.

Peace

Bush didn't have a teleprompter on 9-11 when he was standing with that fireman.

av8torntn

Dont be ridiculous.... All presidents use the telepromter. Biden couldnt put two words together without one. Obama was surrounded by professional speech writers all his career and couldnt speak for himself if he tried.

Give it a rest.

Peace

Fixed it for you. Thank me later.

804brown

think rationally, ok.

What is up with this obsession with him using a teleprompter?? WHo cares!! Bush couldnt use a teleprompter because it doesnt work in crayon!! LOL

What is up with this obsession with him using a teleprompter?? WHo cares!! Bush couldnt use a teleprompter because it doesnt work in crayon!! LOL
The difference being is no one ever gave bush an "A" for being articulate like the have zer0bama. In the times that the teleprompter malfunction on zer0, kinda made those accolades seem foolish huh.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So no one here understood that part of being a lawyer is that someday you would have to give a speech to defend your client in a court room, where no teleprompters are allowed, that was my question.
Not his use as president nor any other president's use.
All good lawyers can easily accomplish this.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So no one here understood that part of being a lawyer is that someday you would have to give a speech to defend your client in a court room, where no teleprompters are allowed, that was my question.
Not his use as president nor any other president's use.
All good lawyers can easily accomplish this.
Was he ever in a courtroom or did they just hand him some papers and push him onward & upward ???

Babagounj

Strength through joy
PHOENIX (Reuters) – A woman barred from seeking elected office in an Arizona border town by a judge who ruled she did not have a sufficient grasp of English has decided to fight the controversial ruling, and filed an appeal on Friday, her lawyer said.
A Yuma County judge disqualified Alejandrina Cabrera, a U.S. citizen born in Yuma, from running for a seat on the city council in the town of San Luis this week for what he called a “large gap” between her English proficiency and that required to serve on the council.
“It was clear to the court that she was stymied by many questions, did not understand many questions, failed to comprehend what was being asked, and guessed at answers,” the court ruling said.
U.S.-born Alejandrina Cabrera, who graduated from a public high school in Arizona, is running for a spot on the town’s council yet she barely speaks English. Her attorneys claim that forcing her off the ballot over the language barrier is a violation of her civil rights.
But since 1910, Arizona law has required “that ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language sufficiently well to conduct the duties of the office without the aid of an interpreter shall be a necessary qualification for all state officers. . . .” Additionally, a measure making English the official state language was approved by an overwhelming 74% of Arizona voters in 2007.