Ending DACA

vantexan

There's a state that tried it. Doesn't work. Do some research then come back :censored2:.
We're talking at the Federal level. I've seen numerous Hispanics over the years filling out international money transfer forms at Wal-Mart. I'm sorry sir but we can no longer wire money to Guatemala without your U.S. passport. Or we can no longer wire it to there, period.

Sportello

1.8 million DACA kids would get legal status and a path to citizenship. Their non-citizen spouses and minor children would be allowed to join them. $25 Billion would be given for the wall. Happened in late January.
I was promised over and over that Mexico would pay for the wall.

I wasn’t told it was blackmail for DACA.

BrownArmy

Not taking them. Refusing to let the money out of the country. Trump has the power to do that if he wants. No wire transfers. No ATM access to American banks overseas except for citizens with passports. We can't travel without passports anyways.

Won’t work, horrible idea, many unintended consequences.

BrownArmy

You know what I haven’t heard in this conversation (on this forum)?

Go after the employers who hire ‘illegals’.

Stop the reason for coming here, stop the flow.

Strange this administration hasn’t hit that angle.

Or not.

vantexan

Or not.
Easier to stop remittances than to go to every possible employer looking. Both sides want the immigrants for obvious reasons. This is where Trump the populist comes in. His base wants the wall.

It will be fine

Or not.
Nah, that’s too easy. Mandidate Everify, we already have the infrastructure in place. It’s not an undue burden on small employers and large employers can easily absorb the extra HR hours required. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to run someone through the system.

BrownArmy

Nah, that’s too easy. Mandidate Everify, we already have the infrastructure in place. It’s not an undue burden on small employers and large employers can easily absorb the extra HR hours required. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to run someone through the system.

Why isn’t this administration going after the employers of ‘illegals’?

Never mind, that was rhetorical.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have been watching CNN & MSNBC today and I found it interesting that MSNBC has been more truthful than CNN in its coverage of the children aspect of illegal refugees handling.
So much of the outcry is about policies implemented during Obama's administration.
Of course, the separation of kids from their parents is a Trump administration decision ... Not a byproduct of zero tolerance.

Anyway, it just goes to show how far CNN has lowered its news standards.

BrownArmy

Now I’m hearing it may take years to reunite these kids with their parents?

W T Holy friend.

On the one hand, yet another example of government incompetence, on the other, seriously?

It’s like they had no plan at all for reuniting these families...

Ohhhh, I get it.

That’s really sick.

BrownArmy

I have been watching CNN & MSNBC today and I found it interesting that MSNBC has been more truthful than CNN in its coverage of the children aspect of illegal refugees handling.
So much of the outcry is about policies implemented during Obama's administration.
Of course, the separation of kids from their parents is a Trump administration decision ... Not a byproduct of zero tolerance.

Anyway, it just goes to show how far CNN has lowered its news standards.

CNN is like a Jackson Pollack painting...