Ending DACA

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Now I’m hearing it may take years to reunite these kids with their parents?

W T Holy friend.

On the one hand, yet another example of government incompetence, on the other, seriously?

It’s like they had no plan at all for reuniting these families...

Ohhhh, I get it.

That’s really sick.
It's all in your head so yeah, really :censored2:ing sick.

BrownArmy

It's all in your head so yeah, really :censored2:ing sick.

Is it all in my head?

Once the parents got arrested, the kids were treated by the administration as ‘unaccompanied’, which put them on a completely different track in terms of processing.

Different organizations dealing with the parents vs. the kids, you know as well as I do the level of competency of communication between governmental departments.

The parents are in TX, the kids are in NY, WTF, it’s not clear that our government knows who belongs to whom.

They gave the parents a 1-800 # to call to check on their kids (?).

A full team of immigration lawyers with paralegals and interns got the runaround when they called the ‘hotline’...

What a freaking mess.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is it all in my head?

Once the parents got arrested, the kids were treated by the administration as ‘unaccompanied’, which put them on a completely different track in terms of processing.

Different organizations dealing with the parents vs. the kids, you know as well as I do the level of competency of communication between governmental departments.

The parents are in TX, the kids are in NY, WTF, it’s not clear that our government knows who belongs to whom.

They gave the parents a 1-800 # to call to check on their kids (?).

A full team of immigration lawyers with paralegals and interns got the runaround when they called the ‘hotline’...

What a freaking mess.
The U.S. is incompetent!
I wouldn't suggest trying to come here illegally with your kids.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
In all seriousness, the sanctuary issue, with them waltzing through Mexico then claiming asylum here is a problem.

The Trump administration is handling it just as poorly as the Obama administration did. Total failure.

A wall is a cartoonish idea for fools and the companies that will profit from building and maintaining it.

Diplomacy is the solution. Trump is more worried about diplomacy with countries thousands of miles away for some reason

I'm sorry but I just don't think diplomacy alone is going to work with Mexico. Even if Mexico would work with us do you really think the criminal and terrorist element would abide by diplomatic means?

This was one of the things I didn't agree on with Gary Johnson, he's an open border guy.

There are too many people that just don't like our way of life. A wall and technology is needed to protect that. Controlling immigration, drugs and the criminal element is what we need to do.

I know a wall won't keep everyone and everything out but with technology too it will be damn better.

Immigration reform is needed with more than just a wall too.

BrownArmy

I'm sorry but I just don't think diplomacy alone is going to work with Mexico. Even if Mexico would work with us do you really think the criminal and terrorist element would abide by diplomatic means?

This was one of the things I didn't agree on with Gary Johnson, he's an open border guy.

There are too many people that just don't like our way of life. A wall and technology is needed to protect that. Controlling immigration, drugs and the criminal element is what we need to do.

I know a wall won't keep everyone and everything out but with technology too it will be damn better.

Like I said, the money’s much better spent if we just invade everywhere south of Mexico.

Heck, all the neighborhoods are cleared out because the residents are in US detention, or soon will be.

Pretty sure we’ll spend $100 Gabillion fighting illegal immigration, why not spend $100 Gabillion on offense and nip this in the bud.

We’ll call it a ‘training’ exercise, coordinate with Mexico, and with a liberal application of some good ‘ol USA can-do, problem solved.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Like I said, the money’s much better spent if we just invade everywhere south of Mexico.

Heck, all the neighborhoods are cleared out because the residents are in US detention, or soon will be.

Pretty sure we’ll spend $100 Gabillion fighting illegal immigration, why not spend $100 Gabillion on offense and nip this in the bud.

We’ll call it a ‘training’ exercise, coordinate with Mexico, and with a liberal application of some good ‘ol USA can-do, problem solved.

Ya see, I did agree with Johnson on not invading countries just for the hell of it...

But thanks for playin... I think.

P.S. your idea stinks.

BrownArmy

Ya see, I did agree with Johnson on not invading countries just for the hell of it...

But thanks for playin... I think.

P.S. your idea stinks.

No good, huh?

Well, how about this:

Since we’re almost fifty percent responsible for the abject chaos in the ‘northern triangle’, why don’t we let them all in.

No citizenship or voting rights for ten years, but legal status.

They can work, build a life, pay taxes, subscribe to Netflix, buy a Corolla, whatever.

Everybody wins.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I'm not a huge fan of Gary, but he was the best option. I really do think open borders is the best solution. Trade with all, alliance with none, should be our motto.

The asterisk on that principle is that we need to eliminate the welfare state. Without entitlements, immigration would be a huge plus to our country.

El Correcto

god is dead
Good grief! A fact check from NBC? LOL

Here is a real fact check
Did the Obama Administration Separate Families? - FactCheck.org
YES - Obama's people did separate families but it was infrequent.
At issue here is the decision to go with a 'Zero-Tolerance ' in charging people for illegal crossings.
Trump showed us all a terrible thing with our immigration system. No one wants to see children locked in cages by themselves over asylum claims. This shouldn’t be used for political positioning and rememdied with a clean bill allowing parents and children to stay together. Good luck though with Chuck Schumer and the Dems agreeing to give this up for nothing less than full open borders.

MAKAVELI

Banned
How so? Money is kept in the U.S.. Read the article. Some good points but if it greatly slowed down remittances in key countries I don't think it would take long to get them to assist building the wall. Just a matter of would the Republicans allow it to happen.
Yep we all know this will work just like making drugs illegal.:happy2:

bbsam

Staff member

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
FB_IMG_1529634200228.jpg

vantexan

Yep we all know this will work just like making drugs illegal.:happy2:
You can go buy drugs from someone here if you're determined enough. You can't just transmit money to a bank or Western Union office in Central America. Someone has to do it for you. And if they're told they can't anymore legally by the government then the sender is out of luck. To stop money laundering the government about 5 or so years ago put all kinds of restrictions on U.S. citizens opening bank accounts abroad. So much so most foreign banks won't even deal with the average expat because of the hassle involved. So most expats use ATM's to access money back home. When it comes to clamping down on financial transactions the Federal government is very effective.