Rack em

Made the Podium
Out mgt team would have a collective conniption if one of our drivers posted those numbers.

Putting the car in to reverse does not count as a back if you only travel a very short distance before going forward, such as when you try to do a 360 but don’t quite have enough room to do it in one shot.
a 360 is a full circle...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pull in to parking lot and make a complete left hand turn to be facing toward the street. Parking lot is tight. Get almost all the way around—-stop near retaining wall—-back up just enough to where I can pull forward and clear said wall. Make delivery and go to the next one. Minimal back—-not far enough to count as a back.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Pull in to parking lot and make a complete left hand turn to be facing toward the street. Parking lot is tight. Get almost all the way around—-stop near retaining wall—-back up just enough to where I can pull forward and clear said wall. Make delivery and go to the next one. Minimal back—-not far enough to count as a back.

So, now your car is facing 180* from where you started

iowa boy

His numbers are the highest on the reports which apparently requires the extra beatings.

To me this is now my attitude, if my name is gonna show on some stupid report, might as well do it right and show up at or close to the top.

OP, back whenever you feel it's necessary and not a stupid idea. They can always come out and show you how to not back correctly, if they really want to...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
180logo.jpg

Ummm, u want your package car pointed that way AKA u-turn out of that dead end / cul de sac

Thank goodness I have a vehicle with a backup camera. Beforehand, I had to g.o.a.l. at some of the unfamiliar stops.

There's a few stops with dumb dogs that won't get outta the way. And even worse, some kids that aren't street smart or try to hop on the back bumper step for a short ride... ugh

john chesney

3.5 year driver here. Apologies in advance if this has been talked about in other threads and I failed to find them.

Backing goals in my center are stiff. In my short career, I’ve backed many times. I am constantly on their list for too many backs (top 10 always). Veteran drivers tell me to do the backing trick where you pop the sucker into neutral and it doesn’t record a back. I refuse to do this as I feel it gives a driver less control ie sacrifice control of a vehicle to satisfy metrics is unethical. I am very confident that our backing goals have been based off of drivers throwing their cars into neutral before a back is recorded thus recording zero backs.

I know that backing is a fairly vulnerable moment for a ups driver and the majority of on road accidents happen as a result of backing. But I choose not to engage in this practice. Has anyone else had this experience/concern? I’ve got more to talk about on this topic as the plot gets much thicker in my experiences I’ve had. Please share what you think and thanks!
Ethics and Ups never belong in the same sentence. If you’re looking for ethics you’re with the wrong company. The sooner you learn this the better

jaker

trolling
They wanted me to reduce a couple a backs for that day I said ok and walk away , the next day my sup said way to go . I said no problem what he didn't know is that I didn't have a couple places where I usually back not on my car that day

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I back maybe 20 to 25 times a day. I walk 90% of every house I can see. Most are houses that are way back in the woods. X mas season I stay the same. All I know is management has never said anything about my backing. In February, they hate coming with me (ojs) because how much walking my area has. I'm also the guy who hasn't had his stop count go up one stop. Since orion came in. But, my ot is soaring this yr. May hit 90k this yr