FedEx contractor revolt?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sounds like you haven’t actually read the complaint. FedEx is claiming he created a fictional crisis to drive customers to his consulting services. It makes no mention of the value of routes for sale. I mentioned the route sales because that makes a lot more money than he charges for consultant help.
I didn't say route values were part of the suit, I said that's a large part of the reason why he's doing what he's doing.

The perception of Ground routes as healthy investments is vital to his continued success and he wants to take actions that will shore up their health. I don't blame him.

Again, I’ll repeat the complaint is only compelling if you’re an idiot.
Much of the complaint is what he has claimed vs what they can document. Shouldn't be hard to clear up one way or the other.

bbsam

Staff member
What in the world would he sue them for and how much time and money would he spend in the process?
Breach of contract perhaps? Spreading misinformation about Patton Logistics?

Why would he do it? Because FedEx isn’t going to want to put all their cards on the table.

Aquaman

Breach of contract perhaps? Spreading misinformation about Patton Logistics?

Why would he do it? Because FedEx isn’t going to want to put all their cards on the table.
If Ground is hitting customers with a fuel surcharge, for fuel that Ground’s not paying for. To go in trucks that aren’t theirs. And they’re not helping out the contractors. There’s no judge in America that’s going to side with them. Period. And let’s be clear… FedEx’s version of “helping” is not going to go over well in court.

Aquaman

This isn't difficult to grasp.

His revenues and what he can charge for his services are dependent on the perceived values of routes; the desirability of owning routes are dependent on their perceived value (as is the selling price and the size of his cut); the general need or appeal of what he offers is dependent on the perceived value of routes.

He's conducted as much of this in public as he has with extreme claims as his attempt at forcing the company's hand to better compensate Ground contractors, which in turn benefits him. That's fine by me as I don't have a dog in the fight, but he's made specific quantifiable claims that one side or the other should be able to easily document as true or false.
I wish the big wigs of Express thought like him. Wow what a revelation lol. Increasing the perceived value of the job you’re selling… makes it more desirable. You profit from that, along with the people doing the now higher paying job. In other words everyone wins. Pay more, attract more, retain more, everyone earns more. That simple. He was a big player. Who cares if making his routes more valuable benefits him… no duh… that’s exactly what he’s asking for. Help for his dying business.

bbsam

Staff member
I wish the big wigs of Express thought like him. Wow what a revelation lol. Increasing the perceived value of the job you’re selling… makes it more desirable. You profit from that, along with the people doing the now higher paying job. In other words everyone wins. Pay more, attract more, retain more, everyone earns more. That simple. He was a big player. Who cares if making his routes more valuable benefits him… no duh… that’s exactly what he’s asking for. Help for his dying business.
Yep. When Spencer first went public, my first reaction was that FedEx should engage with him and “bring him into the fold”. He has a lot of good ideas that the company could have made even better. But Pittsburgh seems not to be able to get out of their own way anymore.

bacha29

Yep. When Spencer first went public, my first reaction was that FedEx should engage with him and “bring him into the fold”. He has a lot of good ideas that the company could have made even better. But Pittsburgh seems not to be able to get out of their own way anymore.
One fact stands out in all of this. Simply cut the head off the snake and all organized resistance, what little there was of it dies.
Has anyone stepped in to take Patton's place , pick up his sword and carry the rebellion forward? I've haven't seen or heard of anyone.

The rebellion is over.....Time for contractors to once again happily accept the few additional pennies Schedule K has to offer.

As I have reminded all of you before....You wanted in there badly enough and the opportunity to get out under the best terms possible have long since passed you by.

The chance to gain relief now is through the courts and the odds of success there are not good.

bbsam

Staff member
One fact stands out in all of this. Simply cut the head off the snake and all organized resistance, what little there was of it dies.
Has anyone stepped in to take Patton's place , pick up his sword and carry the rebellion forward? I've haven't seen or heard of anyone.

The rebellion is over.....Time for contractors to once again happily accept the few additional pennies Schedule K has to offer.

As I have reminded all of you before....You wanted in there badly enough and the opportunity to get out under the best terms possible have long since passed you by.

The chance to gain relief now is through the courts and the odds of success there are not good.
You are of course, wrong as usual. Nothing has changed. Just seems as though the time for talk has ended. Now people are making their decisions whether to stay or go. Staff up for peak or ride with current team.

Then again, it was never a rebellion to begin with. Just business people looking for a better deal. The more ERC checks that show up, the more folks will hit the door.

Incidentally, why do you look at it as “rebellion”? Seems rooted in some fascist or overlord view of society. You and John Smith would get along well with each other.

bacha29

You are of course, wrong as usual. Nothing has changed. Just seems as though the time for talk has ended. Now people are making their decisions whether to stay or go. Staff up for peak or ride with current team.

Then again, it was never a rebellion to begin with. Just business people looking for a better deal. The more ERC checks that show up, the more folks will hit the door.

Incidentally, why do you look at it as “rebellion”? Seems rooted in some fascist or overlord view of society. You and John Smith would get along well with each other.
Then what the hell was it? You all wanted better deals but lacked the money, legal standing and organization required to gain the kind of leverage required in order to get the just and balanced deal you wanted.

And so here you sit, right back where you started from. Still totally subjugated to the absolute will and power of the parent corporation. It was all talk. no direct action and no genuine conviction when it comes to actually getting some place. You all left it up to just one guy Spencer Patton to reform the contractor agreement. Just exactly what did you think one guy could get done all by himself? Raj, Fat Freddy and Johnny Dollar Sign all knew that Patton had no genuine or reliable support and what little he did have wouldn't hold together for long.

Just as I told you guys several years ago the time was right to get out, the outcome you're faced with now is what I told you would happen but in both cases you laughed at and ridiculed me....The opportunity for a good laugh belongs to me now.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I don’t think so. But the looming railroad strike and coming recession do change the calculations.

That’s not a worry anymore either.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

That’s not a worry anymore either.
Tentative: something that is uncertain or subject to change. Merriam-Webster

(thought you could brush up on your vocabulary)