FedEx cry babies

SmithBarney

If that were the case, we'd have 90% of Amazon.
Apparently you haven't seen an Express Vehicle lately...take a peek sometime, probably about 50-70 percent of any given weekday is Amazon, and on Saturday it's well over 90%. Amazon knows that it takes all Carriers: UPS, USPS, GROUND, and EXPRESS(and any others) to handle all of it's shipments, and that NO One single carrier can handle it.(at this point)

bbsam

Staff member
Apparently you haven't seen an Express Vehicle lately...take a peek sometime, probably about 50-70 percent of any given weekday is Amazon, and on Saturday it's well over 90%. Amazon knows that it takes all Carriers: UPS, USPS, GROUND, and EXPRESS(and any others) to handle all of it's shipments, and that NO One single carrier can handle it.(at this point)
Ever look in a Ground/HD truck? Very little Amazon.

SmithBarney

Ever look in a Ground/HD truck? Very little Amazon.
Don't have much time to look, but I guess it depends where you are, I think you mentioned owning some heavy industrial/commercial routes. the ground packages I find haphazardly left at front doors are Amazon. But I suppose most of those are probably coming HD, but there is one HD and one ground that service near my area(95% resi) so who knows.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't have much time to look, but I guess it depends where you are, I think you mentioned owning some heavy industrial/commercial routes. the ground packages I find haphazardly left at front doors are Amazon. But I suppose most of those are probably coming HD, but there is one HD and one ground that service near my area(95% resi) so who knows.
I know. We're a colocation. We only get substantial Amazon on Saturdays.

overflowed

Sammy when prime started I know of express stations that had to add almost 50% of routes because of it. There really are Express resi routes that are like 80-90% only amazon.

bbsam

Staff member
Sammy when prime started I know of express stations that had to add almost 50% of routes because of it. There really are Express resi routes that are like 80-90% only amazon.
I don't doubt it. What I was saying was that Fedex does not discount 10% off UPS prices for a starting point. We could easily udercut UPS for Amazon business but we don't and what we do get is mainly Saturday.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sure, it fits with his whole fedex drivers need a union thing. Brotherhood, power to the people! Unless you do basically the job for even less, then you are a sub-human. Always classy.

Actually, Ground is dragging down the whole industry. While you, Sammy, and Fred cash-in, your sorry loser drivers are making transportation professionals look bad. Every time you ball-up a semi, kill a pedestrian, or deliver a residential route driving way too fast and nosing into every driveway, you make the rest of us look bad.

You do the job for way less, and you do it like crap. Why? Because you are a crap organization from the top to the bottom. Ground is the dregs of the industry, and you're nothing but an overseer on Uncle Fred's plantation.

Cashing-in on the scam makes you as much of a :censored2: as Smith. You deeply misunderstand my union philosophy, but that isn't surprising.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually, Ground is dragging down the whole industry. While you, Sammy, and Fred cash-in, your sorry loser drivers are making transportation professionals look bad. Every time you ball-up a semi, kill a pedestrian, or deliver a residential route driving way too fast and nosing into every driveway, you make the rest of us look bad.

You do the job for way less, and you do it like crap. Why? Because you are a crap organization from the top to the bottom. Ground is the dregs of the industry, and you're nothing but an overseer on Uncle Fred's plantation.

Cashing-in on the scam makes you as much of a :censored2: as Smith. You deeply misunderstand my union philosophy, but that isn't surprising.
Blah blah blah, Yada Yada Yada.