FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

SmithBarney

This pay action by the corporation should be a reminder that Ground drivers are second class employees.
Don't forget they aren't employed by FedEx... I'm sure all those Ground Contractors will sweeten the pot for their crews...:rolleyes::rolleyes: Right bbsam, your guys are getting raises with your new tax cuts right!

fdxsux

This is all nice, but every one needs to remember we used to get a pay action in March, we went 18 months without a raise a few years ago, so in my eyes this is just returning what we lost.

Now if we got our traditional pension back, along with the 2nd & 3rd shift pay they also took away from us, then I would say this is a good deal. Otherwise it’s something that should have happened earlier.
They are not even returning what we lost because next year it will be back to October.

Oldfart

They are not even returning what we lost because next year it will be back to October.
Cry me a river. It has been several years since they moved the April raise to October. They just gave 7% raises, gonna give another raise and yet, people are still crying.

fdxsux

Cry me a river. It has been several years since they moved the April raise to October. They just gave 7% raises, gonna give another raise and yet, people are still crying.
Not crying. Just stating fact. They are not moving raises to April. They are just moving this raise to April.

Oldfart

Not crying. Just stating fact. They are not moving raises to April. They are just moving this raise to April.
Are you sure? Details haven't been announced and you are stating details. Do we know for sure we won't get another raise next April? Why not wait till details are announced before you start complaining. Or you can complain before you know why you are complaining. Either way, a raise is always a good thing. Unless you are the type of person that is never happy.

fdxsux

Are you sure? Details haven't been announced and you are stating details. Do we know for sure we won't get another raise next April? Why not wait till details are announced before you start complaining. Or you can complain before you know why you are complaining. Either way, a raise is always a good thing. Unless you are the type of person that is never happy.
Actually, the details have been announced (see post #1). They are moving the 2018 pay action from October 1 to April 1. No more, no less.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
With all due respect, I think you’re a funny mother on here, and appreciate it. But history will not be kind when we all look back and remember we let a reality T.V. star run this country. He’s a :censored2: whiny little :censored2:. Still love ya tho
He’s definitely an unprofessional, conceited prick. I just think it’s funny how liberals minds are exploding because trump was supposed to be “literally Hitler” and he’s not

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
He’s definitely an unprofessional, conceited prick. I just think it’s funny how liberals minds are exploding because trump was supposed to be “literally Hitler” and he’s not
I consider myself left leaning, and you’re totally right. The liberals are making themselves look so silly preaching inclusion, diversity, pushing legislation based on feelings. They are so hypocritical with the our way is the best rhetoric. We are so :censored2:ed if a war ever breaks out on our soil.

Oldfart

Actually, the details have been announced (see post #1). They are moving the 2018 pay action from October 1 to April 1. No more, no less.
Actually, they NEVER said if future raises will be moved from October to April or if this is a ONE time move. So you decided to complain BEFORE all details have been released. Even if our next raise is October of '19, the pay action is good. You are getting a raise 6 months EARLY, just 6 months AFTER most received 7% and yet you still are complaining. Bummer

Purplepackage

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with old fart, you really don’t know.

They told Fox that they are moving the raises up but you won’t actually know what any of this means until they start communicating with management.

You know 2 months of memos to actually find out what’s happening

mcutrono

Im all for a raise, and not complaining about it at all, but the right thing to do for the couriers is to make any 10+ year employee top pay, and then they can go back to their step plan raises for all the new people.

That said, theres a better chance of hitting the powerball jackpot than that happening..ahhh comedy.

!Retired!

Will say it again on this post. People are getting a raise just a few months after getting up to 7% raise and still are complaining. People will complain no matter what. Bummer
Agreed.....but, that goes for every job, no matter how much you make.
News reports FWIW are saying that the 2018 raises will be enacted six months early. That suggests that they are moving them up and not granting another in October.
Yup....I wouldn't expect another raise in October, even though that money was already budgeted for separate from the extra money FedEx got from the new tax plan.
The way I read it, we will get a raise in April '18 (just hope it's at least a step progression raise), no raise October '18 and the next in October '19. So, the company is giving us a bonus in the form of
(your new hourly rate - your old hourly rate) X 35 (min pay) hrs X 24 weeks.