FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

abused.crr

I heard about this last night on the news so I had to hop on browncafe and see what the chatter was. I see once again Fedex is throwing a bone, and nothing more to it’s underpaid workforce. I’m sure it’ll be a 10k bonus like management gets. Haha. Anyway; there is a way out guys and gals. I spent over 22 years busting my crr butt to try and make unattainable goals, pissing in Gatorade bottles, spending my lunch break organizing stops, and you know the rest... but there is a way out! Use X to get your CDL and move on! Local townships, suburbs, and state DOTs will snatch you up! It’s kinda like being a dog that gets beat every day but it keeps going back cause it needs food. Then one day that dog runs away and another family takes it in, and that family loves it, appreciates its, and even feeds it! You just gotta run away! Enjoy the bonus guys, I hope you all get 10k. You deserve it.

Oldfart

I heard about this last night on the news so I had to hop on browncafe and see what the chatter was. I see once again Fedex is throwing a bone, and nothing more to it’s underpaid workforce. I’m sure it’ll be a 10k bonus like management gets. Haha. Anyway; there is a way out guys and gals. I spent over 22 years busting my crr butt to try and make unattainable goals, pissing in Gatorade bottles, spending my lunch break organizing stops, and you know the rest... but there is a way out! Use X to get your CDL and move on! Local townships, suburbs, and state DOTs will snatch you up! It’s kinda like being a dog that gets beat every day but it keeps going back cause it needs food. Then one day that dog runs away and another family takes it in, and that family loves it, appreciates its, and even feeds it! You just gotta run away! Enjoy the bonus guys, I hope you all get 10k. You deserve it.
If you were envious of the bonus management got, why didn't you become a manager?

Just because you must have been a poor courier and couldn't handle the job, don't be so bitter. The job isn't for everyone. Such as in your case.

abused.crr

If you were envious of the bonus management got, why didn't you become a manager?

Just because you must have been a poor courier and couldn't handle the job, don't be so bitter. The job isn't for everyone. Such as in your case.
I did one better... I used Fedex to pay for 100% if my CDL. Almost 5 months of training, classes, and waiting on a test date. I was a great a courier, to good actually. That’s what caused me to wanna leave. Anyway, I come up with about 20-30k in my cost over those 5 months. I’m loving it

Maui

First, how much do managers get as a bonus?

And...

If anyone feels terrible about a raise in April I’m certain that they can refuse it.
On average managers are eligible for 8k-10k. Seniors on average are eligible for 15-20k. Most years it's about half that if lucky.
MDs can get 6 figure bonuses.

SmithBarney

So uh.... how about those raises? 10+ yr employees get bumped 1/2 way to step 10...
Step 10(topped out) stay right where they are since they already make too much and do too little.

Oldfart

Actually you didn't mention taxes, you were speaking of the percentage that was withheld bonus vs raise. They aren't actually taxes until paid. When they become taxes it will be at the rate you fall in. Until that point the higher withholding would just mean potential loss or gain if invested via time value of money. Or it could mean the delay of a purchase. But I hate to say this, if someone is concerned, do as DIDO said, change your withholding.
I said more money will go in your pocket the week the check is cut with a raise than a bonus. That is true no matter how many exemptions you claim. The more exemptions you claim, the bigger the difference the amount you will put in your pocket.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My plan is to put the money in my pocket on a weekly basis, do my taxes in February and buy the needed IRA's to break even come April 15. Works for me.
cool story
I prefer to dollar cost average my contributions.
Good luck with your yearly gamble, hope it works out for you.

Last edited:

floridays

I said more money will go in your pocket the week the check is cut with a raise than a bonus. That is true no matter how many exemptions you claim. The more exemptions you claim, the bigger the difference the amount you will put in your pocket.
Not slow, got it all. You've been all over the lot with this one. The quote I tagged you mentioned TAXES again, thus my response. If you want to negate higher withholding of bonus offset it by having no money withheld on regular payroll. You'll never under stand, your mind is stuck on one rail.