Fmla east coast

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes
It also says that the employee can decide to use their entitlements if they so choose as well.
1718242878980.gif

clean hairy

Not a good idea to take an fmla day and do a "Ferris Buelers Day Off!"
Could get in trouble for that, especially if you go to a ball game and are on camera like Bueller was!

derrickmd30

Could get in trouble for that, especially if you go to a ball game and are on camera like Bueller was!
Yeah lol 😆 but not me. When i take my fmla days they will be pictures of me in the doctors offices and rolling around a wheelchair. Hopefully they do so i can hit them with harassment. But I'm wondering if they will cancel my medical if i take off days and don't have enough hours. Some say that they cover it and put money in to it to keep it active. But for some reason the shop steward and union can't give me a direct answer.

DOK

As stated in other post you can’t get in trouble for this. If you're off for stress, going to a ballgame is stress relieving.

10:30 resi

Yeah lol 😆 but not me. When i take my fmla days they will be pictures of me in the doctors offices and rolling around a wheelchair. Hopefully they do so i can hit them with harassment. But I'm wondering if they will cancel my medical if i take off days and don't have enough hours. Some say that they cover it and put money in to it to keep it active. But for some reason the shop steward and union can't give me a direct answer.
Screenshot_20240613-082608.png

ManInBrown

No just your paid time off.
This is a gray area in the 177. You don’t actually lose your paid time off, you still get it, you just don’t get paid as the days were paid out already when you used FLMA. And it’s on a case by case basis here. There have been drivers here who used FLMA and were never docked any paid days off. The FLMA days were unpaid. There’s no rhyme or reason to how they code it is what I was told. Checked on this a few years ago with a steward.

This is a gray area in the 177. You don’t actually lose your paid time off, you still get it, you just don’t get paid as the days were paid out already when you used FLMA. And it’s on a case by case basis here. There have been drivers here who used FLMA and were never docked any paid days off. The FLMA days were unpaid. There’s no rhyme or reason to how they code it is what I was told. Checked on this a few years ago with a steward.
They started docking days here last year