FMLA

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't if there have been any changes but it used to be that you were provisionally approved as soon as you made the claim and could start using FMLA leave immediately. So as long as no one has told you that your claim has been denied you should be good.

SLIC8910

Correct.

It may take some time for the approval to come in but once you file a claim you can start taking FMLA. Once approved, they will back date it to cover the dates you used it before it was approved.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What if your claim wasn't approved by the start date of your leave?
Had hernia surgery and stopped working about 2 weeks before my surgery. They denied the time period up until my surgery at first then later corrected it. Wasn’t a big deal.
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
How long ago? Mesh still holding up?
yeah my boy ol’ meshy still hanging In there , right side about 7 years ago and left side about 5. Took a big dump after my left side hernia repair feels weird time to time hopefully didn’t mess it up. Oh well ...surgery = time away from UPS and painkillers..
🧔✊

Over70irregs

Just call it in get claim number then turn in paperwork. I had to turn in paperwork twice because doc filled something wrong. Keep paperwork in a folder