For All The Book Lovers Out There

What's your go-to reading preference?

• Physical

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • ebook

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Audiobook

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Book? What is this thing you speak of?

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Context is important.

I like physical books best.
But you can’t take tons of books if you are traveling and short on space.
And audiobooks work great for multitasking.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Most of my books are non-fiction reference/technical which I prefer in physical copies. Something more narrative I'd rather have an audiobook I could listen to while driving to jobsites.

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Most of my books are non-fiction reference/technical which I prefer in physical copies. Something more narrative I'd rather have an audiobook I could listen to while driving to jobsites.
Yes, I really like reference books and I'll always want those as physical copies. I just now started listening to audiobooks and I like them but I need to like the narrator in order to stay engaged.

Captain Qwark

I love physical books but now I read almost all e-books for the convenience. I never liked audiobooks.
Yes, ebooks are very convenient. One thing I don't like about them though are the passages that have been underlined by others. I find it distracting. I'm sure there's a way to disable that feature but I haven't explored it yet. I really want to like ebooks but I don't.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes, ebooks are very convenient. One thing I don't like about them though are the passages that have been underlined by others. I find it distracting. I'm sure there's a way to disable that feature but I haven't explored it yet. I really want to like ebooks but I don't.
By passages that are underlined do you mean hyperlinks? Those depend on the format of the e-book and the device you use to read them. I don't have a problem when I use calibre e-book reader on a computer.

Captain Qwark

By passages that are underlined do you mean hyperlinks? Those depend on the format of the e-book and the device you use to read them. I don't have a problem when I use calibre e-book reader on a computer.
No, I meant to use the word 'highlighted'. I'm talking about the highlighted passages that others find important to note. I don't want others opinions about something that should be noted barging in on my reading experience. And don't get me started on hyperlinks, ha ha.

quad decade guy

Audio books on my feeder run.

I "listen" to youtube all night long too. Podcasts. Can kill hours....lot's of technical how to's and especially history and space....good for non-visual listening.

Always disappointed when I can't get a paperback in audio. You'd be surprised at how many aren't both....

With a 55 hour week......not much time to read.....just have too many Honey-do's....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Donated 10 boxes of books to St. Vincent's Catholic Charities today in Reno ,NV.

Felt good. They have excellent programs and have a cafeteria that provides hundreds of meals a day.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Donated 10 boxes of books to St. Vincent's Catholic Charities today in Reno ,NV.

Felt good. They have excellent programs and have a cafeteria that provides hundreds of meals a day.
474DDDC5-85CF-4B4A-807B-1DBA9F21A167.png