Full time delivery driver position questions

applez

Hi, i'm looking into trying to apply for a full time delivery driver job, currently all i see if full time seasonal driver. How difficult is it to acquire a full time year round position? What is the best route to acquire that position? Ive already been reading that you cant move out of state and transfer to an opening while keeping you seniority, if you have worked within the company and move out of state how difficult is it to reaquire a full time delivery job?

charm299

Hi, i'm looking into trying to apply for a full time delivery driver job, currently all i see if full time seasonal driver. How difficult is it to acquire a full time year round position? What is the best route to acquire that position? Ive already been reading that you cant move out of state and transfer to an opening while keeping you seniority, if you have worked within the company and move out of state how difficult is it to reaquire a full time delivery job?
Depends on where you at. At my center you have to work part time for a few years before u get a full time position

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
On average how many hours a week were you doing? and did working durning peak season make up for not having 40 hours a week?
You want to get hired inside first then wait to drive...it could take weeks, or it may take years. The nice apples on the tree get picked and kept but the bruised and ugly ones get thrown away. Its similar to the UPS hiring process.
🧔✊

charm299

On average how many hours a week were you doing? and did working durning peak season make up for not having 40 hours a week?
You don’t work as a part time driver, you get rehired as a preloader then you can sign the sheets to be a driver but you have to wait for seniority to catch up to you

applez

i guess im trying to figure out how much you can earn a week with these inside part time jobs, maybe pick up a second part time job or something