Full time delivery driver position questions

JJinVA

Hi, i'm looking into trying to apply for a full time delivery driver job, currently all i see if full time seasonal driver. How difficult is it to acquire a full time year round position? What is the best route to acquire that position? Ive already been reading that you cant move out of state and transfer to an opening while keeping you seniority, if you have worked within the company and move out of state how difficult is it to reaquire a full time delivery job?

Youre better off signing a temp driver list, becoming a temp driver, qualify, and start at $27.14/hr. If you qualify before you become a 22.4, you stay at the pay rate of $27.14. I know RPCD that are making less than that but are in progression which means they get a raise every year for the next 4 years until they hit top rate. But I think one of our RPCD that I was talking to the other day said he was making around $20 something an hour because he went straight from preload into RPCD (back before the 22.4 thing I guess). Only difference is, instead of getting a progression raise every year, you stay at the pay rate of $27.14 until your progression meets or exceeds that pay rate before you get a raise. But who cares? You get a higher paying job for longer

542thruNthru

What state are you in and what state are you thinking of going to?

No you won't be able to survive on pt pay unless you're living in a hell hole like kentucky or louisiana. So you'll need to get a second job.

applez

second job is fine if the i had the time in the day to do that, if you working part time at ups do you get asked to work more hours? or do you get set hours and thats it? i wouldnt want to turn hours down since i work a second job and make it seem like im not intrested in a career at ups

Last edited:

applez

What state are you in and what state are you thinking of going to?

No you won't be able to survive on pt pay unless you're living in a hell hole like kentucky or louisiana. So you'll need to get a second job.
im in north jersey which has several job opening all year around, im looking to move maybe to texas but i heard you dont keep seniority when you transfer anyway

charm299

Youre better off signing a temp driver list, becoming a temp driver, qualify, and start at $27.14/hr. If you qualify before you become a 22.4, you stay at the pay rate of $27.14. I know RPCD that are making less than that but are in progression which means they get a raise every year for the next 4 years until they hit top rate. But I think one of our RPCD that I was talking to the other day said he was making around $20 something an hour because he went straight from preload into RPCD (back before the 22.4 thing I guess). Only difference is, instead of getting a progression raise every year, you stay at the pay rate of $27.14 until your progression meets or exceeds that pay rate before you get a raise. But who cares? You get a higher paying job for longer
Temps drivers in our supplement start off close to 33 an hour

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
second job is fine if the i had the time in the day to do that, if you working part time at ups do you get asked to work more hours? or do you get set hours and thats it? i wouldnt want to turn hours down since i work a second job and make it seem like im not intrested in a career at ups

If you already work a second job then you wouldn’t need to work another second job

Everything at ups is about seniority nobody cares whether or not you act interested in a career at ups

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
im in north jersey which has several job opening all year around, im looking to move maybe to texas but i heard you dont keep seniority when you transfer anyway

If you’re already in Jersey screw Texas move Nextdoor to @Wally If you want to get on his bad side tell him his lawn looks like crap

ouanling

These damn millennials just want everything overnight , YOU START AT THE BOTTOM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

🧔✊

I started almost 6months ago as a full time driver

I have done the same route except for 3 days.

No one should have to start throwing boxes around to drive, its unrelated work. Being a driver should be based on merit from your interview or resume, that would have removed a lot of :censored2:ty old complainy drivers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I started almost 6months ago as a full time driver

I have done the same route except for 3 days.

No one should have to start throwing boxes around to drive, its unrelated work. Being a driver should be based on merit from your interview or resume, that would have removed a lot of :censored2:ty old complainy drivers.

6 months has run 1 route and knows it all
Lmao