Going to part time?

vantexan

Well no :censored2: Sherlock. That's why it's called part time. Lol
As much as I would've like to have gone part-time a few times the realization that it would greatly affect my retirement including Social Security kept me from doing it. There's more to life than working but for the average FedEx courier there's not much choice If you ultimately want to retire someday.

falcon back

As much as I would've like to have gone part-time a few times the realization that it would greatly affect my retirement including Social Security kept me from doing it. There's more to life than working but for the average FedEx courier there's not much choice If you ultimately want to retire someday.
You worked full time and live in your car. Great plan

floridays

You worked full time and live in your car. Great plan
My guess is he could live in his house in Overland Park, Kansas as well. The guy is enjoying his life.

I will not quit asking as long as you are dealing your crap,

Exactly how did you clowns blow through the scratch off winnings?

You understand, the thing that allowed you to retire early, yet your ass is humping boxes for your brother Fred again.

How in the hell did you presumably mismanage yerass back into a drivers seat?

How did your great 'gift' fall apart?

Thanks, I thought so too.
Screenshot_20200809-064751.png

SmithBarney

Right now is not the best time to go part time , they're putting a lot of pressure on PT couriers to work extra hours...and it's hard to say no...cause most of the time its easy money ....hang in there, keep your benefits.
The best time is up to you, if you want to be PT and If there is an opening then go for it.
If you are PT they can try and put pressure on you, but you are under no obligation to work extra hours.
About a year ago they eliminated almost all of our PT positions, offered upgrades to all PTers, most took the offer thinking they'd keep the same hours/rte... Former PT PM drivers starts have been moved up 2-3hrs, AM drivers end up working 10-12hr days.

FYI: There is only major difference in benefits, having to do with short term disability, otherwise the benefits are identical

SmithBarney

Also, PTer's CAN BE DRAFTED. You must provide PROOF that you have child/adult care duties, another job, or are attending school to be exempted from being drafted.
Nope, people apply and work PT jobs for various reasons, none of which is FedEx's(or any other company's) business. The only time it would be, would be when DOT hours issues might come into play, but even then it is the employees responsiblity to track DOT hours.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Nope, people apply and work PT jobs for various reasons, none of which is FedEx's(or any other company's) business. The only time it would be, would be when DOT hours issues might come into play, but even then it is the employees responsiblity to track DOT hours.
Don’t shoot the messenger, it was posted from Policy on the bulletin board, not hearsay.

NC man

All paid holidays are 4 hours instead of 8, sick days are 4 hours instead of 8, vacation hours accrue at half the rate...
So if. I went PT with 200 hrs of vacation ,5 weeks, they still pay me 40 hrs for vacation week right? Can’t accrue anymore.if we go to PT do p1 and FT come later for p2 and pups I may switch if able. Our station always needs help so getting 8 hrs would be ez every day if I wanted it.

falcon back

no you loose 1/2 vac time. 20 hrs/week
He will not loose any vacation for this year. It has already been earned. If fact, he has already accumulated some full time vacation for fiscal 2021. If he went part time today, any vacation he has not used THIS fiscal year will be 8 hrs. Floaters and personal days might be different. I cant recall.

NC man

no you loose 1/2 vac time. 20 hrs/week

Ok,our SR says knows nothing about the p1 p2 thing but I’m sure it’s come across his desk .why the secret idk but have heard being pushed back til after peak, so if went pt then only year and half til retire. May lower ppa some I suppose and vac pay in final yr. no biggie.

Buhryein

Ok,our SR says knows nothing about the p1 p2 thing but I’m sure it’s come across his desk .why the secret idk but have heard being pushed back til after peak, so if went pt then only year and half til retire. May lower ppa some I suppose and vac pay in final yr. no biggie.
If only a year and half till retirement then best time to downgrade. Right now you can work ft hours if you want as pt and can refuse extra work when you feel like taking it easy.

vantexan

One strategy since you have so much vacation time is to not take any vacation until May of next year if you have any left. Retire before then and get that in a lump sum plus at least 4 weeks more that accrued over the year. At your top out pay that's a nice lump sum and will tide you over until you start receiving your pension and 401k money. That makes for a long final year but let's say you'll have a total of 8 weeks. Depending on your pay scale that's about $9k or more before taxes.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
One strategy since you have so much vacation time is to not take any vacation until May of next year if you have any left. Retire before then and get that in a lump sum plus at least 4 weeks more that accrued over the year. At your top out pay that's a nice lump sum and will tide you over until you start receiving your pension and 401k money. That makes for a long final year but let's say you'll have a total of 8 weeks. Depending on your pay scale that's about $9k or more before taxes.
Why would you retire with unused vacation? Wouldn't it be better to take those weeks so you are covered under the health plan for those weeks.