Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Well...it's going to be a day of fighting your loads. Even though there's a section in the board where you can put in that this company will be closed on that day, they will still load the :censored2:ing packages in the truck.

kingOFchester

What he is saying is it won't even go to panel. You'll be told by the union exactly what Game told you. If you work over 8 hours you'll still be making whatever your contract states.

My local wording is, holiday is offered top down and forced bottom up. Double time plus holiday pay. 8 hour guarantee. Triple time for any hours over 8.

I have already started to inform my pickups that we will be operating on a regular schedule on Black friday. Hopefully, they will be making adjustments and plan on opening. 9.5 hours would be nice.

Holiday pay + 16 + 4.5 = mo money.

10 point

This is ridiculous!!! This company has given this day off for over 100 years!!! Then in May a little less than five months from the holiday in question the company says "hey we are canceling Thanksgiving". Thats all well and good but what about those that make out of state plans to be with family knowing that it was set in stone we would have those days off. Some have plane tickets out of state plans. SHAME ON YOU!!!
They will be "out of service" for that day.

Turtle17

Well this is NORMAL UPS!!!!operations. But keep in mind, if forces to work contract states. If forced to work on a holiday all hours worked shall be paid "double time"" plus regular holiday pay". So it's money on the bank!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Before, those(inside) that came into work, would only get straight time because they were considered Air Support employees, now they have to give them double time(according to supplement) because it is a "regular" day.

I have worked the last 16 years on Black Friday under air support for straight time plus the holiday . I read and re-read our supplement last evening and I think it is the same for all PT employees in my area if it is a work day (no double for Pt'ers) A sh-t storm is coming. After the contract issues I feel beat up . I have to work ? my dentist isn't in network ? I have to pay $5.00 for my testosterone cream?, my union dues went up $1.75 ? I think I will were a frock to work and hand out tissues. LOL WTF

In Dayton Ohio, only the Twilight is affected, driving will be based on sign ups and paid at holiday pay rates... They want the twilight to work to take the pressure off of Monday

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well this is NORMAL UPS!!!!operations. But keep in mind, if forces to work contract states. If forced to work on a holiday all hours worked shall be paid "double time"" plus regular holiday pay". So it's money on the bank!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I put my money in the bank. I put it on black 6.

10 point

I have worked the last 16 years on Black Friday under air support for straight time plus the holiday . I read and re-read our supplement last evening and I think it is the same for all PT employees in my area if it is a work day (no double for Pt'ers) A sh-t storm is coming. After the contract issues I feel beat up . I have to work ? my dentist isn't in network ? I have to pay $5.00 for my testosterone cream?, my union dues went up $1.75 ? I think I will were a frock to work and hand out tissues. LOL WTF
This time they cannot call it an Art 40 day so you should get the bonus pay. You're no longer "support personnel".

Sorry Chuck... I missed your post.

Big Bad Wolf

Doesn't anyone else think this is very odd on how the company waited until the contract was ratified to dump this bombshell on the membership?? As far as I'm concerned, this should have been brought to the table when negotiations were on going. If the Teamsters let this happen it's absolute BULL****!!!! If it's not in my new little labor agreement book, I'M NOT WORKING!!!!!
It's been in the contract for 40 years

Where are you pigs now?

Overpaid Union Thug

Logistically speaking running ground on Black Friday won't matter if Amazon processes orders for Christmas Eve again that have no chance of being delivered.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
upload_2014-5-22_13-27-1.png

Well is the next day Monday ? My interpretation is Holiday + straight pay for PT'ers in our supplement regardless of air support. Even if I am wrong I am sure our esteemed management sees it that way.

Last edited:

The Milkman

This is nothing. In order for the company to survive in a changing world you can expect us to go to a full service 6 or even 7 day a week operation. It will be handled by having S-Th, M-friend, and Tu-Sa drivers like we have in feeder now.

Just a taste of things to come for all who caved in and voted YES..Just a matter of time... This is the Thank You from UPS you get because they know like in the past they will do what they want, when they want because most will buckle under the pressure and just complain and complain, realizing now that it is too late to change their yes vote to a NO..Does not surprise me..They got you in their hand till next contract. Keep voting yes and wait and see what in is store for you down the road...Everyone seems to be worried when they get their retro check, when there are a lot more important issues to worry about then a one time check that will be needed now to pay your yearly increases in medical care along with your deductible which you all voted yes to..

Just a taste of things to come for all who caved in and voted YES..Just a matter of time... This is the Thank You from UPS you get because they know like in the past they will do what they want, when they want because most will buckle under the pressure and just complain and complain, realizing now that it is too late to change their yes vote to a NO..Does not surprise me..They got you in their hand till next contract. Keep voting yes and wait and see what in is store for you down the road...Everyone seems to be worried when they get their retro check, when there are a lot more important issues to worry about then a one time check that will be needed now to pay your yearly increases in medical care along with your deductible which you all voted yes to..

As opposed to them not adapting and going out of business.

Save those No votes. Toilet paper's hard to come by when you're homeless.

What's the testosterone cream for?