Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

Packmule

You're hopeless.....You deserve to get crapped on down the road...Your Brain is so full of Brown matter that you do not or can not understand how concessions will just lower the once "Proud To Be A Upser" feeling many of us had years ago. Keep going, The Joke will be on you someday..but by then your Menstrual Cramps will not be covered anymore...Home Depot benefits will look great compared to those provided by UPS by that time, and trust me Cach...........by that time it will be too late, down memory lane, The Good Old Days...gone forever because of near sightedness by you and others on the YES Bandwagon.......Nuff said...Not worth responding to your post on this subject, you are a lost cause
While I see your point, and I'm close to retirement myself, one thing you need to bear in mind is how much more competition we have now compared to when you were an active employee. FedEx is jut the tip of the iceberg. Look at all the local carriers getting in and the way our biggest shippers are scrambling to develop their own delivery systems. At some point, standing proud wll result in services no longer needed.
No one has anything garanteed beyond the next contract ever.

Let him go off on his little rants. The Milkman doesn't realize how good he has it.

Besides, whiners gonna whine.

Anyone can be the "Great Union Leader" in hindsight.

upload_2014-5-23_18-40-7.jpeg

The Milkman

While I see your point, and I'm close to retirement myself, one thing you need to bear in mind is how much more competition we have now compared to when you were an active employee. FedEx is jut the tip of the iceberg. Look at all the local carriers getting in and the way our biggest shippers are scrambling to develop their own delivery systems. At some point, standing proud wll result in services no longer needed.
No one has anything garanteed beyond the next contract ever.

Again like I said..I see no reason to have your benefits reduced when the company is making record profits. At least keep them the same. I was always happy with my hourly wage and I was always for keeping our pension and benefits in good shape. Give me a dime an hour and put the rest into benefits. Others seem to think I am complaining, I am just warning those who think it won't happen to them. I know I have it pretty good benefits compared to others but again ALL of us busted our tails to EARN them. When Fedex started ground it was good for the competition, UPS catered to more customers instead of blowing them off "Sorry not ready? I will see you tomorrow" Them days are long gone. When any of you out there retire...and HR tells you what your benefit pkg will be, and gives you the booklet explaining them benefits in your retirement, and then a few years down the road, after planning your financial moves before hanging it up. Surprise, they pull the rug out from under you...That is when everyone here will finally and possibly understand my views. Untill then..it is just a matter of time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Does anyone covered by the Central Region Supplement know of any changes to C.R. Article 15 from the 2008 to 2013 contract?

ARTICLE 15-HOLIDAYS

Section 1

Effective May 1, 1980, all seniority employees (including part-time employees) shall receive two (2) optional holidays as provided above. (Note: One (1) of the optional holidays is in lieu of the negotiated sick day, effective the same date.) All employees hired after July 31, 1997, shall receive two (2) optional holidays on his/her second (2nd) anniversary and each subsequent year. No employee may earn more than two (2) optional holidays in a calendar year. The date of the optional holiday is to be determined by mutual agreement between the employee and the Employer except that there shall be no optional holiday during the period Thanksgiving through December 25th. An employee must make his/her request for the optional holiday a minimum of eight (8) days in advance. The Company will respond within twenty-four (24) hours with approval or disapproval. The Company will not unreasonably deny the request. The Company will allow a minimum of one (1) optional holiday per day in each center. Optional holidays not taken shall be paid to the employee at the end of their anniversary year for those hired after July 31, 1997 and May 1st for those hired prior to July 31, 1997.

The part in bold.... is the only change to Article 15.

-Bug-

Packmule

Again like I said..I see no reason to have your benefits reduced when the company is making record profits. At least keep them the same. I was always happy with my hourly wage and I was always for keeping our pension and benefits in good shape. Give me a dime an hour and put the rest into benefits. Others seem to think I am complaining, I am just warning those who think it won't happen to them. I know I have it pretty good benefits compared to others but again ALL of us busted our tails to EARN them. When Fedex started ground it was good for the competition, UPS catered to more customers instead of blowing them off "Sorry not ready? I will see you tomorrow" Them days are long gone. When any of you out there retire...and HR tells you what your benefit pkg will be, and gives you the booklet explaining them benefits in your retirement, and then a few years down the road, after planning your financial moves before hanging it up. Surprise, they pull the rug out from under you...That is when everyone here will finally and possibly understand my views. Untill then..it is just a matter of time.
What you say about benefits being yanked away, I can see it. Scary as he'll. and some people want to know why the "old man" don't hang it up early.

Now that the contract has circled the toilet and you're all vocal in "shoulda, coulda, woulda" why don't you tell us what you were doing to rally the workers the day AFTER the past contract was ratified in anticipation of the next (the one just passed)?

Or did you sit back and play Monday morning union leader like you are now?