Grill It Baby!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I sometimes buy those chickens that are already cooked, pick it clean, throw 2 cups of rice, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and a package of lipton dry soup mix on top, lay pieces of the chicken on bottom and on top. bake, and voila. a meal my whole family likes. chicken salad is good as well. I like chicken salad sammiches, as long as I put a layer of ruffles potato chips on top of the chicken salad.

Johney

Pineapple King
You boil chicken for chicken soup.
Or grill your whole chicken on one of those beer can cookers(w/o beer can)then pick it clean,then cook it in water until the rest of the meat falls off and pull out the carcass. Wa-la chicken broth for soup.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Better late than never, here is Sunday's stir-fry on charcoal. I used to have some kind of Brinkmann or Weber or somebody's gas-ring cooker/grill/smoker that I stir-fried on quite a bit. Looking at this Akorn, I realized that I could take out the center section of the cooking grate and my trusty old steel wok would at least balance over the fire.

First attempt. Heating the oil:
IMG_1340.jpg

Onion and garlic:
IMG_1341.jpg

Went with chicken this time:
IMG_1343.jpg

Zucchini and sweet peppers:
IMG_1346.jpg

Chopped fresh tomatoes:
IMG_1349.jpg

And done:
IMG_1350.jpg

I suppose it's more of a quick marinara than a stir-fry, but served over (this time) spaghetti squash it's a great late-summer semi-healthy meal. And, anything cooked over fire is better to begin with.

oldngray

nowhere special
Better late than never, here is Sunday's stir-fry on charcoal. I used to have some kind of Brinkmann or Weber or somebody's gas-ring cooker/grill/smoker that I stir-fried on quite a bit. Looking at this Akorn, I realized that I could take out the center section of the cooking grate and my trusty old steel wok would at least balance over the fire.

First attempt. Heating the oil:
View attachment 17182

Onion and garlic:
View attachment 17183

Went with chicken this time:
View attachment 17185

Zucchini and sweet peppers:
View attachment 17186

Chopped fresh tomatoes:
View attachment 17187

And done:
View attachment 17188

I suppose it's more of a quick marinara than a stir-fry, but served over (this time) spaghetti squash it's a great late-summer semi-healthy meal. And, anything cooked over fire is better to begin with.
I combined those images into a little sequential gif
cosmogrill.gif

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

We us spaghetti squash for the same thing, delicious and healthy!

Do you mean 5 briquettes? That thing with 2 or 3 briquettes on a cold day would be the bomb for smoking cheese!

Yes briquettes.