Ground Taking My Express Freight

MassWineGuy

When is the last time you tried? And I have no idea?

Sounds like you do things without knowing why you do them. Help is available.

I, too, tell customers they need to schedule a ground pickup. No one has ever argued about it. Same corporation, different company. And like Dave said, I don't want to waste time going to a stop where Ground decided to be nice and take the freight. At the end of the day when you're sitting in traffic and might miss a closing time, you'll be wishing that you had those five or 10 minutes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like you do things without knowing why you do them. Help is available.

I, too, tell customers they need to schedule a ground pickup. No one has ever argued about it. Same corporation, different company. And like Dave said, I don't want to waste time going to a stop where Ground decided to be nice and take the freight. At the end of the day when you're sitting in traffic and might miss a closing time, you'll be wishing that you had those five or 10 minutes.

I have lost count of how many times I have driven to an on call pickup only to be told that their morning driver picked it up while making their delivery. While it was nice of him or her to do that, it is frustrating to break off and drive there for nothing.

dezguy

Express does have the ability to scan ground pkgs at a drop box to show possession. I imagine they have a similar function on their powerpad.
Up here, we can scan ground packages at any time, not just at the dropbox. Might be a software difference though because ours is in the exceptions menu.

I have noticed, from people posting pics of the powerpad on here, ours are different from you guys' down there.

dezguy

Work smarter, not harder.

I can get 5-10 stops off in the time that I waste driving to an on call only to be told the morning guy picked it up.
And?

We have enough stuff to stress about, throughout our day. If you want to stress about an easy stop, God bless. Myself, it's like a nice paid break. Certainly not going to get pissed about it.

This is the system FedEx has set up. I'm not going to worry about the system FedEx setup, failing.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I have lost count of how many times I have driven to an on call pickup only to be told that their morning driver picked it up while making their delivery. While it was nice of him or her to do that, it is frustrating to break off and drive there for nothing.

Wait, doesn't your DIADS have the ability to send texts to base ?

Here's what the morning driver should have done :

"On call pick up by me at 123 Main St 90210. "Please cancel that pickup so the other driver won't have to go there. Thanks "

On the eggplant side, we have CPC (wtf does it stands for, i dunno )

I encounter residentials and they try to give me a ground pickup... since i can scan it to my powerpad, I'll take it & then send a text on the address zip and pickup details. save the bigger ground truck from wasting his time and diesel fumes to get it later in the day.

To bbsam, yea i did try to scan a ups bar code & was astonished that it worked...
download.jpg

I already knew HD can scan usps barcodes as well because i had some QVC and AzOn boxes eith postal service barcodes on my truck on Saturday

But, i still can't scan Express barcodes. (shrugs)

Nolimitz

We have been told not to take ground pkgs back to the station. It is their revenue and work. I tell my customers that if ground takes express it is their problem not mine,,, sorry

dex 84

We have been told not to take ground pkgs back to the station. It is their revenue and work. I tell my customers that if ground takes express it is their problem not mine,,, sorry

We should return to sender all ground packages in my opinion...

Sparky

My favorite is when I get a ground RTS in a Dropbox. I would like to see their face when it shows up on their doorstep a few days later

Johney

Pineapple King
I'm going to throw this out there in this thread as it seems appropriate(instead of starting a new thread). Last night at a truck stop I saw what appeared to be a FedEx Freight tractor pulling two pups,one a FedEx ground(purple/green)and a FedEx ground(purple/orange)like Express/Freight, but clearly badged FedEx ground(brand new at that). I have never seen this before. I occasionally see a FedEx Freight driver at one of these truck stops and will definitely ask him next time around. Any thought's?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm going to throw this out there in this thread as it seems appropriate(instead of starting a new thread). Last night at a truck stop I saw what appeared to be a FedEx Freight tractor pulling two pups,one a FedEx ground(purple/green)and a FedEx ground(purple/orange)like Express/Freight, but clearly badged FedEx ground(brand new at that). I have never seen this before. I occasionally see a FedEx Freight driver at one of these truck stops and will definitely ask him next time around. Any thought's?
You confused me on the second trailer. What color?

bbsam

Staff member
It's a re-image. Soon all will be purple/orange.