Ground Taking My Express Freight

Johney

Pineapple King
You confused me on the second trailer. What color?
1-Purple/Green(Ground)2nd-Purple/Orange(Freight/Express)Clearly marked "Ground". Tractor had Purple/Orange branding which I've seen as Freight or Express. Now I have run across some Express guys doing swaps in this same location, but the are pulling 53's.
It's a re-image. Soon all will be purple/orange.
Ok, I understand the "re-Image thing" but, why would the freight guy be pulling ground package's?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
1-Purple/Green(Ground)2nd-Purple/Orange(Freight/Express)Clearly marked "Ground". Tractor had Purple/Orange branding which I've seen as Freight or Express. Now I have run across some Express guys doing swaps in this same location, but the are pulling 53's.

Ok, I understand the "re-Image thing" but, why would the freight guy be pulling ground package's?
A friend of mine drives a truck at Express and I know he's helped out at Ground pulling their trailers.

Johney

Pineapple King
The ground guys are speed demons, they fly by me every night like I'm sitting still(cruising at 68mph in a 70)The freight guys are a bit more relaxed, I'm likely to pass them.

It will be fine

"Outside Vendor", so is that like a FedEx ground contractor?
They bring in contractors from outside the system during peak. They pay them more. A lot of regular contractors put on tractors for peak but run under a different company to get the higher pay. It's a great system, very efficient.

bacha29

They bring in contractors from outside the system during peak. They pay them more. A lot of regular contractors put on tractors for peak but run under a different company to get the higher pay. It's a great system, very efficient.
You can paint them up to look the same but the disconnect between Ground and Express will still remain. In the future the dedicated run system for line haul contractors will go among the missing. Likewise all Express, Ground and Freight line haul will be contractor with nobody having a dedicated run and contractors fighting with one another to get enough trailers to pull in order to keep them from going below the Mendoza Line.

Johney

Pineapple King
I just found it very strange that's all,why have the different "colors" from the get go, what's so special about changing now?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I just found it very strange that's all,why have the different "colors" from the get go, what's so special about changing now?
Because there are people at the top who are so out of touch with what happens at street level, that they think the colors are just swell. They probably spent millions on a marketing firm who came up with the idea, rather than ask us lowly hourlies how it is working out.

Johney

Pineapple King
Because there are people at the top who are so out of touch with what happens at street level, that they think the colors are just swell. They probably spent millions on a marketing firm who came up with the idea, rather than ask us lowly hourlies how it is working out.
Sounds familiar.